Tobinator clarification needed

The_Big

Reaction score
Hi folks,

My recently acquired 02 1150GS came with an adventure screen fitted. After reading through the forums when I first got it, I determined that I needed the Tobinator GSA version. So I recently posted in the Wanted section for that set of Tobinators.
Now, I've been trying to find the thread where I first read this but can't. So naturally I've started doubting myself and the more I try to research it, the more doubtful I become.
Please can someone confirm which version of the Tobinators I would need and put me out of my misery..... :comfort

Thanks

I am fairly sure that there is a GSA-specific Tobinator set. One of the differences between the GSA & GS is the size (height & width) of the screen. The GSA is wider and so the Tobinators must cope with a wider screen.

What I am not sure about is whether there is also a difference at the 'bike' end. But I think not, because it is easy enough to fit a GSA screen to a GS if you use the correct spacers.

Nippy Norman says they are different too: http://www.nippynormans.com/products/tobinators-exclusive/tobinator-kits I must say, they are rather more expensive than when I bought my set from Mr Tobin :rob

If you have a GSA screen for your GS you will need the GSA tobinators to fit it :thumb2

On the subject of tobinators, I have a set fitted (gsa), and am struggiling to find the sweet spot despite th epraise thats heaped upon them.
Does anyone fancy posting a side on pic of the screen showing how they are adjusted for a silent ride (I'm 5ft 10ish).
Thansk

On the subject of tobinators, I have a set fitted (gsa), and am struggiling to find the sweet spot despite th epraise thats heaped upon them.
Does anyone fancy posting a side on pic of the screen showing how they are adjusted for a silent ride (I'm 5ft 10ish).
Thansk

I will be interested in the replies, I am about the same height and I ended up removing them.

Back
Top Bottom