I found a stalling issue.

Spitfire

Reaction score
Morning

The bike has been stalling a bit lately normally at a critical point riding slow around an obstacle!

Anyway I noticed a lot of air being drawn in when I opened the fuel cap so I pulled off the vent pipe (at the rear right of the tank) and it was blocked.

The pipe runs under the seat to the front of the bike near the rad. About ½ way along there is a non return valve which is there to stop fuel coming out the vent. This was completely corroded. Replaced it with one from Ebay (6mm size).

Seems to have cured the stalling issue.

cheers

Hmmmm.... I'll take a look at mine, very interesting, thanks for the post.:thumb2

i had a cracking days riding on sunday at bagshot but on the last run of the day she started to back fire , and lost all power ,she now will not ilde and when you throttle it cuts out

could it be the down to the vent pipe issue or is this a known fault ?

:blast

I also found corrosion on the vent valve, but I had a starting issue a while back, the first time it failed to start in 3 years. Traced it to a badly corroded fuel pump relay located behind the upper shock mount and under the ecu. The only 2 connector blocks which are not sealed on the bike!! they are now,,,!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom