I'm getting old..............

vanandy

Reaction score
:rob Old age (50), I guess it had to come; reading glasses, super long hairs growing out me ears and nose, asleep by 2200hrs, taking twice as long to take a pee, buying a BMW.
Yes I've bought a 2008 F800GS, but it driving me mad as I've paid by cheque and have to wait what feels like an eternity for it to clear, still, its raining and gives me time to find out about all its faults and recommendations on here.
Looking forward to a long trip. (Not too long as I need to be in bed by 10). And maybe a return to cold, wet uncomfortable camping.
regards
Andy

The wait will make it all that sweeter when your new motor is ready. My mate recons there is a little man inside his head pulling his hair out and then poking it out of his ears and nose :comfort Welcome to the forum btw :beerjug:

Welcome to the club, all of them ha ha. I'll be 50 this year and have noticed that when I go for a rideout, I can hardly read the map, which is probably why I get lost all the time :D

Enjoy the bike....:thumb

getting older still...

I can hardly read the map, which is probably why I get lost all the time
I guess thats why a lot of Bmers (can i call bikes that) have sat nav, I've bought a lot of accessories over the past, never a sat nav, maybe my first purchase after tyres, beak stickers, manual......

I had my first GS when I was 24.

Tried the rest and back on the best - R1200GS for the last 8 years.

Welcome aboard!

:pirate

Welcome to the site,don't be moaning about getting old when you consider the alternative it's pretty damn good really.
Enjoy the bike BTW

I'm 50 next birthday just bought my first GS It feels like I'm 21 again enjoy your new bike.

:rob Old age (50), I guess it had to come; reading glasses, super long hairs growing out me ears and nose, asleep by 2200hrs, taking twice as long to take a pee, buying a BMW.
Andy

Bloody kids today, always moaning about something :D

Welcome to the site Andy :thumb2

welcome old boy

Hi & welcome, yeah i was 50 when i tried the GS on a test day, sells itself,
oh, is that why i got my first Sat Nav last year! make sure you fit a Givi Airflow Screen before you leave the island:thumb2

I turned 50 last month, I can't read a map when it's tucked into the tankbag either, so I've now got a sat nav. Oh the joys of getting old.I'll still have the map with me but also a pair of reading glasses so I can read it when I stop.The Nav is useful when moving to point the way.

Andy

50... only 50! Fresh out of school by my standards. Get yourself over o the mainland and give some of the Hampshire roads a good seeing to. Afternoon tea at Loomies and back on the boat to Cowes. Tucked up in bed well before 10pm!

Hi & welcome, yeah i was 50 when i tried the GS on a test day, sells itself,

Mmm 50 is not old if your a Tree.... try 59! but i keep taking the tablets :augie

Welcome Andy, age has buga all to do with enjoying yourself, you just find other ways to do it.
Enjoy the new toy

Back
Top Bottom