Is this love or just an infactuation

raydavies66@hotmail.com

Reaction score
Just bought myself a brand new 1200rt in blue .I never thought that i would fall in love again but guess what ................... I think just have !!!!!
This is by far the best machine that I have ever owned.
I want to know if anybody else experienced the same feelings.
After two failed marriages i seem to have found a new love in my life
is this real love or just an infactuation ??

I had a half day on a demo and found that it was an excellent bike.

On the down side I did find it was too civilised and didn't have the grin factor. Could even ride with the visor open. Probably very hot in the warm weather.

For an all weather work bike it would take some beating. Ridden properly it doesn't hang about.

What you are saying is that at this time of life and in this mood for motorcycling, you have picked the perfect motorcycle for you.

Well done! I wish you many happy smiles.

From a fellow RT owner.

I still remember the famous RT vs Kawasaki GTR 1400 test in RiDE magazine , where the tester concluded that he could not imagine any road where he would not prefer to be riding the RT. Then he added that if it were his own money he would take the Kawasaki instead for the occasional high-speed adrenalin rush :) . He was neither at the right time of life nor in the right mood for the BMW - he will have to wait..

R1200RT

Not sure about love. Simply the best bike of its type on the road at the moment.
Road testers often miss the point when comparing tourers. It is not about outright power. You have Hyper sports bikes for that. They will get it one of these days, when my arse stops pointing downwards.

Attachments

• R1200RT.jpg
    R1200RT.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 463
Hi ray,
I have an 05 plate one. It is the bike I have had the longest over the years and have no plans to change it ... Love it.
I am in mold so if you fancy a ride out mid week sometime give me a shout .. we have the best roads in the land (well, okay, bar parts of Scotland!)
Gareth

Hi ray,
I have an 05 plate one. It is the bike I have had the longest over the years and have no plans to change it ... Love it.
I am in mold so if you fancy a ride out mid week sometime give me a shout .. we have the best roads in the land (well, okay, bar parts of Scotland!)
Gareth

Hi Gareth
We often fly down the trefnant to mold road I woulkd love to come and meet up with you,Do you ever come to Rhuddlan to the Whistlestop cafe on a Thursday?
Ray

I think you will find it is a kind of love. As the miles rack up the motor will get so much sweeter, as for the corrosion woes keep it clean, get it ACF'd for the road salt and she will be a good "un. ENJOY IT:banana

I think you will find it is a kind of love. As the miles rack up the motor will get so much sweeter, as for the corrosion woes keep it clean, get it ACF'd for the road salt and she will be a good "un. ENJOY IT:banana

Ditto
I've put 57k of the 62k on my 07 RT.
With a set of Wilbers the bikes running really well and I ride it most days and on longer week long tours in France and further afield and love every mile.

\v/

Enjoy .....

Before the corrosion starts!

Ignore this comment.

I ran an 1200RT for 5 years/36000 miles and mainained it carefully.
When I traded it in the dealer kept it in his showroom as it was as clean as a new bike. See photo
The new RT is even better than the earlier one - I have had the new one twice as a loan bike. Enjoy your new RT!

Attachments

• RT on lift LH front A sm.JPG
    RT on lift LH front A sm.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 236
God thats a clean bike Whats the secret ?

Ignore this comment.

I ran an 1200RT for 5 years/36000 miles and mainained it carefully.
When I traded it in the dealer kept it in his showroom as it was as clean as a new bike. See photo
The new RT is even better than the earlier one - I have had the new one twice as a loan bike. Enjoy your new RT!

It would appear that reading the comments on the RT that it is not just a tourer
I too have found that I can keep up with the sunday scratchers with this bike
But I need a few tips on cleaning my machine to the standard that you have with yours. It is a credit to you ,,,,,,,,,,,,how do you do it and how many hours a week does it take ?
Regards
Ray

Back
Top Bottom