Cleaning Oil Screens...how?

WindyChuffer

Reaction score
I changed the oil & filters on my '11 250EXCF last night for the first time, and also had the oil screens out for a looksy. The screens were pretty mint, just a couple of tiny bits of crap to remove on the outside of them.

[I presume the oil is forced from the outside of the screen to the inner core, and then out through the end....so any crap is trapped on the outside of the screen for easy removal.]

Now the manual just tells you to clean them thoroughly. I used a clean rag and and compressed air. How do you clean your oil screens? Swish them around in petrol?

[Sorry for the numpy question chaps - this is the first time I've done an oil change on anything since '97, and have never come across oil screens before.]

Ta
Mike.

I changed the oil & filters on my '11 250EXCF last night for the first time, and also had the oil screens out for a looksy. The screens were pretty mint, just a couple of tiny bits of crap to remove on the outside of them.

[I presume the oil is forced from the outside of the screen to the inner core, and then out through the end....so any crap is trapped on the outside of the screen for easy removal.]

Now the manual just tells you to clean them thoroughly. I used a clean rag and and compressed air. How do you clean your oil screens? Swish them around in petrol?

[Sorry for the numpy question chaps - this is the first time I've done an oil change on anything since '97, and have never come across oil screens before.]
Ta

Mike.

Clean Petrol, in a jamjar.................lid on and swish it around

When doing the oil screens on the Superduke - just spray them with brake cleaner and let them dry off. Petrol works just as well ;)

1) Wipe down with tissues to remove all crud
2) Petrol or brake cleaner (any light oil really)
3) dry and pop back in

Back
Top Bottom