Got one

Rasher

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just done a deal on a 61-plate Ex-Dem with 149 miles on the clock - £2600 off list for an almost new bike :thumb2

Got the extra's I wanted fitted FOC (Wingletts and Heated Grips) and free delivery to my doorstep so I don't have to spend 3 hours on public transport (Ugh)to go and get it.

Now just gotta decide if I put Black or Silver Panniers on it - the bike is silver, can't decide on Silver as they are harder to mark (and don't show marks) or a nice black to offset the bike a little.

Booking Shiny Biker Syndrome to come and ACF it on Friday 1st June (Day before long bank holiday) - if anyone near Oxford fancies a valet / ACF treatment I can get a deal - drop me a PM for details.

Enjoy :beerjug:

Let's hope it's trouble free - it wasnt this low mileage demonstrator was it
883899389_e6tKw-L.jpg

:augie

It's Yamaha I feel sorry for :D

Enjoy your new bike and maybe see you out and about :beerjug:

PS I was spot on with my prediction as to how long your flirtation with a BMW of the GS variety would last ;) If only I could be as reliably accurate with the Euro millions numbers :blast

It arrived yesterday, only did a quick tem miler and then whipped it into the garage for oil changes.

It is a joy to work on for these, I reckon I could do an Oil / Filter and FD oil change in under 30 minutes including using a torque wrench to tighten bolts properly - I think Yamaha employ King Kong for these in the factory, they felt extremely hard to undo.

Why BMW made the FD so you need to remove the wheel to fill it is beyond me, the Yam has a lower drain bolt and an upper fill bolt - undo lower bolt and drain, undo upper bolt and fill to level - peace of piss and 10 minutes work with no measuring of 187ml of oil, removing wheels etc.

The oil looked clean enough but I prefer to get it changed very early as it will have the worst of any swarf from manufacturing in the oil within the first few miles.

It now has some lower grade semi-synth (could not find pure mineral oil in local bike shop) to aid bed-in.

Clutch mod done and off out again in a bit :)

Enjoy the S10 Rasher....:thumb
Having recently tried one out and loving every minute of it, I`m at present on the look-out for one - so if anyone knows of an immaculate S10, prefferably with luggage..............:thumb2

Yes mine, just sold it Clay Cross Kawasaki, near Chesterfield. 2011 in blue with full Yamaha panniers and top box, winglets and headlight guard, 5500 miles and 10 months Yamaha warranty. Price i'm not to sure but about 9,500 ish. Give them a ring 01246-860011. Not to far from you.

Yes mine, just sold it Clay Cross Kawasaki, near Chesterfield. 2011 in blue with full Yamaha panniers and top box, winglets and headlight guard, 5500 miles and 10 months Yamaha warranty. Price i'm not to sure but about 9,500 ish. Give them a ring 01246-860011. Not to far from you.

Thanks for that Glynned, but done a deal on a brand new one in the matt grey finish with full black luggage + other extras this afternoon from Len Manchester`s in Melton Mowbray - well happy, can`t wait to take delivery.....:thumb

Lucky man Dave injoy. Probably see you out soon Paul

If anyone else is looking I know of a cracking deal on a new one.

Slocombes Yamaha offered me one with panniers for £10,990 and would have done a deal for £10,400 without Panniers.

The Yam luggage is quite small, probably fine for solo use, but at 62L about 10% smaller than Vario's.

Nobody else would offer a new one for under £11,500 without luggage (and I did a lot of phoning around)

Yes, can't remember the deals now, but nobody came close to the deal I got for the ex dem, or matched the price they offered for new.

A number of dealers have adds placed in Bike Trader for bikes they obviously have not had as when you call that one has gone, but they have an older higher mileage one for a load more money if that suits sir....

Loving this bike more with each ride, the clutch mod is now switched which means I can leave the bike in the softer more economical touring mode for crusing and round town and just flick the switch to put it into the Super-S clutch bypass mode when on the twisties or overtaking in a hurry.

Now got my "GS" tank bag fitted, handy as only needed the Yamaha fitting ring which Chainspeed got to me real quick.

Autocom is also fitted, I used the switched power behind the RHS panel (and what a joy these are to remove and re-fit after the awful GS side panels) I have ordered some extra connectors so I can break out / tap into the other accessory socket later on. Also the Yamaha does not cause interference like the BMW did so I no longer get the annoying buzz that I did with the GS.

The clutch bypass switch just uses a Hitachi connector, cheap enough from E-Bay so I can just plug it back into the clutch switch in seconds.

Next up is full SW Motech Luggage in a couple of weeks time, then we will be able to start going places.

IMGP2933.jpg

IMGP2922.jpg

IMGP2928.jpg

Also fitted a fender extender yesterday, about £15 including postage and it looks pretty good for an E-Bay special

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130673634274?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Looks a treat Rasher, really handy being able to use the GS tank bag.
Can`t wait for saturday when I`m picking my S10 up.
Bought the latest copy of Motorcycle Sport & Leisure over the weekend as there testing an S10 and on the cover describe it perfectly - "The best bits of the GS1200 and the Tiger in one bike".........:thumb

Back
Top Bottom