Yet more screens

Cobweb

Reaction score
Has anyone come across a company called Nedplex. I was looking for a replacement screen and found these
http://www.nedplex.fr/r-1200-rt,us,3,1.cfm
I didn't need a taller screen cos' I'm a short arse but I wanted a bit more width and theirs seem to fit the bill so I've ordered the 25 1/4 tall which is 3inches wider than the OEM. The price seems good but we'll see what the quality is like when it arrives.

Has anyone come across a company called Nedplex. I was looking for a replacement screen and found these
http://www.nedplex.fr/r-1200-rt,us,3,1.cfm
I didn't need a taller screen cos' I'm a short arse but I wanted a bit more width and theirs seem to fit the bill so I've ordered the 25 1/4 tall which is 3inches wider than the OEM. The price seems good but we'll see what the quality is like when it arrives.

Aubo - please keep us up to date on this one - it's exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for.

I've got a set of city lids from them via UK importer who also does the screens.

\v/ Sent from my SGS2 using Tapatalk

I don't know where Nedplex got their sizes from but their screen is exactly the same size as the standard BMW RT screen but without the ears and cut-outs so where they got the 3 inches wider bit in their advert from is a mystery to me.
However the Nedplex screen is really good quality and well finished, clear to look through without distortion and is slightly thicker than the original so it doesn't vibrate. It does seems to move the air around the rider beter than the standard screen but not enough to justify the expence unless you are replacing yours with a taller version.
It is however a cheap replacement for the original if you have managed to crack yours as I have.

Sorry to hear you didn't get what you were expecting.

If anyone else is looking for a screen I can recommend Cee Baileys. I have one +3" wider and +3" taller. It is very quiet and provides excellent wind protection.

I went for a Z technik Vstream, not too high, but wider at the top, it is a nice screen, good balance of airflow available.

Don't forget the support arms will be under a bit more pressure, and a few folk have had them break. I got a set of stainless ones, from the US, they are excellent.
You can get them on a popular auction site, no experience of them:D

59f01ada.jpg

I went for a Z technik Vstream, not too high, but wider at the top, it is a nice screen, good balance of airflow available.

Don't forget the support arms will be under a bit more pressure, and a few folk have had them break. I got a set of stainless ones, from the US, they are excellent.
You can get them on a popular auction site, no experience of them:D

Looking at the piccie, that looks as though it might be quite distorting to look through. How do you find it?

I have a Ztechnik screen left over after I sold my RT. It's the extra tall one and I had no problems with it. Being polycarbonate, it did tend to flex a bit. I also had one of the arms break on mine, got a set of the american ones and they look much stronger. I certainly noticed a difference when I put the standard one on prior to selling.

We have the larger version of the Z TECHNIK Screen on our RT and it's brilliant. Due to an ongoing neck problem I can't afford to have any buffeting around the head/neck and found that the standard screen was poor in all positions. The Z tecknik may look a little strange to at first but the benefits far outweigh that. No problems with distortion. Stronger "upper" support armes fitted (got mine from Canada).

Looking at the piccie, that looks as though it might be quite distorting to look through. How do you find it?

I've run one of these for what must be 50,000 mile now. I look through it most of the time, no distortion at all.
No back pressure at the height I use it either, unlike the OE screen which sucks you forward if you raise it higher than a few inches.

I even have a spare one in the shed but this has lasted so well I've not had to put it on yet. It has a couple of stone chips, but it's still clear and working well.

Yes I fitted stronger arms as a precaution.
\v/

I have used a small Ztecknik for 3 years

Teh small one is massive.
And always ride with the screen up. I do no know just how tall you need to be to order the tall one, but probably over 2 metres.
Definitely no distortion whatsoever.
Almost no wind noise either. I can listen to music over my bluetooth at over 90 mph without difficulty.
Left hand bracket broke last year.
It is usually the left hand bracket according to Motorworks.
I was about to leave on a trip, so I bought one (new) from Motorworks.
I could not locate the strengthened ones at the time, so I decided to make them myself, and did a full Autocad drawing of what is required, but never proceeded any further. If anyone wants a copy, I will pdf it and email it to them.

Myke

Spoke too soon

Left hand bracket broke last year.
It is usually the left hand bracket according to Motorworks.
I was about to leave on a trip, so I bought one (new) from Motorworks.
I could not locate the strengthened ones at the time, so I decided to make them myself, and did a full Autocad drawing of what is required, but never proceeded any further. If anyone wants a copy, I will pdf it and email it to them.
Myke
Right hand bracket broke today.

Myke

I've just ordered a Cal Sci screen for my RT as it gets great write ups on the US forums and, as it's more aerodynamic than the stock screen, it's supposed to reduce fuel consumption and strain on the screen stays.

http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/R1200RTprod.html

I was happy with the stock screen with the low seat and comfort seat, but the stock seat (refitted for knee comfort) pushes me into the airstream and is a touch too noisy on windy days.

I've both a Cali Sci and a Ztecknik now. I prefer the Cali Sci. The reason being I can raise the Cali screen up and tune out a lot of the wind noise, I can't do that with the Ztecknik, I'm always left with a rumble of wind noise I don't get so much with the Cali Sci. If wind noise is your issue you may be better off with the Cali screen.

I did a review some while ago on the Cali Sci screen here, still have one to do on the Ztecknik

I fitted the Cal Sci screen today and wow - what a difference. No buffeting, greatly reduced wind roar and SWMBO says it's also very quiet on the back :thumb2

The fit isn't as good as the OE screen, but I'd still highly recommend it :cool:

Back
Top Bottom