Garmin 2620 NEW £789.99

Isn't the 2620 effectively a 2610 but with a micro-drive, instead of a CF Card? I seem to remember Pan European doing a trial on it & concluding it wasn't suitable for bike use (micro drive + vibration = knackered)...

Mike:confused:

motorcycle 2620

Yes thats right, I read Pans thread on the 2620, so I spoke to Garmin myself they told me it is only efected by vibration at prolonged high speeds, motorcycle courers etc.

joe

Re: motorcycle 2620

Joe said:
Yes thats right, I read Pans thread on the 2620, so I spoke to Garmin myself they told me it is only efected by vibration at prolonged high speeds, motorcycle courers etc.

joe

When I was looking at the 2620 in Tottenham Court Road last week I mentioned that it would be bloody awful on a bike because of the vibrations. The shop rang Garmin and they agreed that it would not be suitable on a bike AND I have an iPAQ with a microdrive and I do not use it to listen to music whilst I am walking - too much vibration !!.

Go for the 2610 and buy a bigger CF card - they are dirt cheap now.

Bob

Re: motorcycle 2620

Joe said:

joe

Sorry but you got conned.

If you can, I suggest that you return it and get a SP2610 and if you need all maps loaded buy a 2GB CompactFlash card.

Note that problems with SP2620 have been reported to both Garmin UK and Garmin US many times and they are fully aware of the problems on bikes.
What you got was 'customer service' or 'do nothing because that is the least inconvience for us (Garmin)'

Back
Top Bottom