HOG Raost....

twizzle

Devil may care...
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So, who's going and are you taking your GS or Harley..... i plan to go, just trying to sort a few timing issues out...( I have to head back to Brittany either Sunday or Monday..)

If enough people are taking HD's i may join in the fun!..... could be an opportunity for some sport!!

We could have a rumbling ride out on the Saturday...

anyhow's what do people think?

Can't make it I'm afraid :(

But take the HD and risk starting a landslide GS -> HD ownership :D :toungincheek

Can't make it I'm afraid :(

But take the HD and risk starting a landslide GS -> HD ownership :D :toungincheek

Sorry to hear that.... it’s a good event!!.. i did the off road bit last time but two up it was a sweaty experience in more ways than one!!.... So may take the Harley and go off for a longish bimble and looooong lunch!....... far more relaxing then man handling a loaded 2 up GS across dirty tracks...:thumb

As i'm not an off road riding god and i witnessed the Guy on his Tenere snap his leg..... i think i'll just stick to what i know!.... which TBH is not alot!:D

So may take the Harley and go off for a longish bimble and looooong lunch!.......

I went on my harley last year. Might take the guzzi this year.

I know where i'm going for lunch on saturday - Place i've been to previously, a fantastic gastro pub not far from the hogroast.
Food to die for at a reasonable price for the quality of food and standard of cooking

A sample of todays menu.
Starters.....
The White Horse Soup of the Day. £5.00
Twice Baked Isle of Wight Blue Cheese Souffle with Cress Salad. £6.00
Anglesey Mussels with Chilli and Napoli Sauce £5.50
Chicken Liver Parfait with Roasted Apple Chutney and toasted Brioche. £6.50
Salt and Chilli Squid, Rocket Salad and Aioli £6.50

Main meals.
Slow Braised Lamb Shank, Garlic Mash, Fine Beans and Braising juices £14.50
Herb Crusted Halibut Fillet, Crushed New Potatoes, Black Pudding,
Fine Green Beans and Saffron Velouté £16.00
Corn Fed Chicken Breast, Wild Mushrooms, Champ Mash, Seared Greens and Porcini Sauce £15.50
Seared Venison Haunch, Roast Beetroot and Goat’s Cheese with Chateau Potatoes and Juniper Jus £16.00
Homemade Tagliatelli, Spinach, Mushrooms, Basil, Cream and White Wine Sauce and Garlic Bread.

I'd stay away from the Lamb shank if I was you....it trashes your digestive system.....:eek:

Sounds good though..... I could be up for that unless you want to fly solo....

I went on my harley last year. Might take the guzzi this year.

I know where i'm going for lunch on saturday - Place i've been to previously, a fantastic gastro pub not far from the hogroast.
Food to die for at a reasonable price for the quality of food and standard of cooking

A sample of todays menu.
Starters.....
The White Horse Soup of the Day. £5.00
Twice Baked Isle of Wight Blue Cheese Souffle with Cress Salad. £6.00
Anglesey Mussels with Chilli and Napoli Sauce £5.50
Chicken Liver Parfait with Roasted Apple Chutney and toasted Brioche. £6.50
Salt and Chilli Squid, Rocket Salad and Aioli £6.50

Main meals.
Slow Braised Lamb Shank, Garlic Mash, Fine Beans and Braising juices £14.50
Herb Crusted Halibut Fillet, Crushed New Potatoes, Black Pudding,
Fine Green Beans and Saffron Velouté £16.00
Corn Fed Chicken Breast, Wild Mushrooms, Champ Mash, Seared Greens and Porcini Sauce £15.50
Seared Venison Haunch, Roast Beetroot and Goat’s Cheese with Chateau Potatoes and Juniper Jus £16.00
Homemade Tagliatelli, Spinach, Mushrooms, Basil, Cream and White Wine Sauce and Garlic Bread.

Picture now on the wall of two of its drunken customers from the 1960`s now both sadly passed away

Picture now on the wall of two of its drunken customers from the 1960`s now both sadly passed away

I used to eat in there in the late seventies. Any pictures of me on the wall ?. Or do you have to pass away to get your picture hung ? . :D

I should hopefully be going and will probably take the HD as the GS will be sat ready with new tyres etc ready for my Russia trip leaving the next week.

Gastro-whatsit sounds very civilised as well. Far more civilised than hurting myself on Salisbury Plain anyway. Although I aint going if Steptoe has the lamb.

Anyway, safety in numbers with the Harleys I reckon. Less chance of being spat at! :D

Looks like a plan.....mild hogs do gastro pub..... Then back to camp site and drink ourselves silly!!

There last night gardens lovely

We is HD riderz. We rape the cattle and stampede the wimmin. We don't do gardens!

(What about borgonvillea, do they have any of those?) :D

Unforunately can't make this one, the missus has had the temerity to have her birthday the same weekend:blast So while you lot are getting pished i will be watching Porgy & Bess at the Mayflower (consoling myself with the number of housepoints gained:D)

Unforunately can't make this one, the missus has had the temerity to have her birthday the same weekend:blast So while you lot are getting pished i will be watching Porgy & Bess at the Mayflower (consoling myself with the number of housepoints gained:D)

We'll be thinking of you, Brother!

I will be going and I'm very tempted to turn up on the Gammon Glide with a few of the club with me :cool

Well, looks like there's a chance we'll make it! Means a bit of reorganising but Steptoe's sample menu is swinging it in the right direction :beerjug:

I'll come on the Harley to keep you company if that's the way it's going :thumb2

Louise will have to come on her GS cos she's only got the one bike. Shame :hide

Back
Top Bottom