Cambrian Rally - after effects

Bob Jeffries

It's good to be back ..
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
There were a good selection of GSer’s riding in the Cambrian Rally this weekend, Tiffany had ridden all the way up from Land’s End (280 miles) changes her tyres for knobblies, rode the event, came an excellent 54th, and then rode home – my hero. Phil Gunn was over from Ireland on his GS chopper (KTM front forks with 10” suspension and BMW rear end with 6”) and there were quite a few others as well.

Best GS was Phillip Colclough on an R80GS who was 4th with Phil Gunn 7th. Laurence Leahy was the first 1150 in 16th, David Brown on his R100GS was 19th and Tony Allen on another 1150 was 23rd (see picture).

Ian Barnard was 25th on his GSA, Paul Blezard 31st on his 1150, Mark Robbins 39th on his 1150, Richard Jakobek on his R100Gs was 53rd, Tiffany Coats on her R80GS 54th, Jim Elderfield on a R80GS 55th, and Richard Ireland on an 1150 was 57th, sadly no one entered a 1200GS.

I was very pleased with the number of GS’s entered as well as 950 KTM’s, Chris Pascoe on his 950s was a superb 2nd only beaten by Katrina Price on her 250 Honda CRM.

Attachments

• dscf00436.jpg
    dscf00436.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 356
What a FANTASTIC weekend! Many thanks to you Bob and all the WTRA organisers for putting on such an enjoyable event. :clap

The course was excellent. A good mix of fast flowing trails and a few nadgery bits to keep us on our toes, perfect for the big Gses :thumb. Great scenery (at least when we could see it after Saturday's rain and mist!), great company, and great riding.

Here's to next year :beer:

Big Big thankyou

Bob
Excellent weekends entertainment...the way you organised the damping down on day one was a master stroke!
Well organised and good humoured event....Ive already posted my thoughts on the GS riders elsewhere...Tiffany C...what a gal !!!!!!
I paddled around on my KLX and had an interesting couple of days.
The only way I would contemplate it on the GS is on someone else's......:D

Great Weekend

Bob

Thanks so much for organising the weekend and for persuading me to have a go- I thoroughly enjoyed myself and have only just got home now (9pm Monday night) - it was a 600 mile round trip for me, with a detour on the way home via Sherlocks to get my throttle bits replaced and also a new clutch cable - the boys there were NOT impressed with how muddy Thelma was!

I had a great weekend:beerjug:
so, lets see more GSers taking part next year (after all it was only scary:yikes a couple of times)
Well done Laurence (Line Lizard) on your result, and for terrifying your fellow B&B guest.

Re: Great Weekend

Tiffany C said:
Bob

Thanks so much for organising the weekend and for persuading me to have a go- I thoroughly enjoyed myself and have only just got home now (9pm Monday night) - it was a 600 mile round trip for me, with a detour on the way home via Sherlocks to get my throttle bits replaced and also a new clutch cable - the boys there were NOT impressed with how muddy Thelma was!

I had a great weekend:beerjug:
so, lets see more GSers taking part next year (after all it was only scary:yikes a couple of times)
Well done Laurence (Line Lizard) on your result, and for terrifying your fellow B&B guest.

cheers tiff. congratulations to you for winning the SPIRIT award. i thought i was being polite to the chap, what a fantastic event the first one i have done but not the last. the real hero's were the marshalls and organiser who were out in all weathers at the weekend. i hope nobody got sunstroke (or drowned). i think all BIG bike riders especially the GSers deserve a big pat on the back for taking part bob wasnt lying when he said the event was designed for big trailies. it was pure GS country. guys of all ability could have enterd this and finished and enjoyed it.

cheers......................loz

Well done Bob, what a fantastic weekend. Even the rain didnt stop the fun..kept the dust down though.

Brilliant mix of tracks n trails.
I liked the roadbook thing, it made it more interesting. I felt more involved somehow.

Looking forward to next years event.

And thanks for posting the pic.

Tony Allen.

Andy Melton, when you gonner get yours dirty?

Casey had a ball, although couldn't finish :D
He didn't give me details but we can assume he wont be limping for too long!
Drowned his car on the way home Sunday aswell - rest of the journey in a recovery truck!
Here he is enjoying himself:

No67_cambrian_rally_Cassey_thomas.jpg

Further write up :

www.enduro.freeserve.co.uk