Off Road Companies in Spain / Andorra

wheeliecrazy

Reaction score
Thinking of orgainising a trip to Europe next year to visit one of these off road (trail riding) complanies for 3 days. There are various advertised in TBM (Red tread, Traiblazers and the like). Has anyone any expereience of them?

We are thinking of riding down there rather than flying..(that would be too easy!) Anyone done similar?

I went with Moto-Aventures a few years ago with Jim650 & some other mates.

It's full board, as they stop for lunch up the mountains in small villages or ski restaurants that stay open. Breakfast and evening meals are in the hotel, altho you can go out at night and have a credit note from the hotel I think. They also pick you up and drop you off each day.

If you're doing it properly you won't make it out of the hotel, you'll be so knackered each night :D

We only did one trail twice and that was only half way so we could go another route.

Fantastic week. Cracking views, good food, great riding.

Basically they give you a Honda XR400 bike and all the protective gear and let you chase your mates up and down the mountains :D

They bought new boots for one guy, when they had none to fit, and a set of OTG goggles for another who wore glasses and couldn't wear normal ones, so they don't stint on anything.

Altho you leave a £100 deposit per bike, we all fell off at some stage and bent various bits of bikes and us, and still got the all the money back at the end of the week.

You'll want travel insuarnce whoever you go with. Not many will insure you riding bikes over 50cc/offroad :rolleyes:, but we found Insure&Go did/do and at a good price too.

We flew down to Barcelona and caught the locals coach from there for about £30 each return.

Is your trip to them part of a tour, or the off road part the holiday in itself?

I ask as we did think about riding down, but took the view that if we came off and hurt ourselves, we'd be stuffed getting the bike back.

As it was, we had get-offs at some stage & 1 guy did take a tumble where the bars smacked himin the ribs, that would have made riding the bike back uncomfortable at the least.

If you fly down , the days you'll have spent riding down could be used doing more off-road?

We did look at Red-Tread, but decided we wanted to do Andorra.

I'd defitinitely go again sometime.

HTH

:beerjug:

Jon

Thanks for the info Jon, very informative. Motoadventures was one I hadn't found in TBM, so thanks!

The last couple of years myself and my mates have tied our 'touring holiday' in with a WSB or MotoGP round, but this year I am hoping to do two trips ;) one to WSB round and another to go off roading.

I too have concerns about coming off the 'enduro' bike and hurting myself to such a degree that I can't ride the bike back to the UK, but at this 'initial planning/dreaming' stage I am telling myself that its just as likely that I could come off the GS on the road and hurt myself, so it's a risk you take when embarking on such adventures! One I hope I don't regret!

The idea would be to combine the touring with the off roading to combinate into one dream holiday!, but the devil is in the detail. I am just trying to find out, the best company to go with at the right price, how long it will take to get there on the GS, places to see or stop at on the way there, how many days of my precious holiday will I need to book with work / girlfriend!

Another alternatrive I have thought about woul dbe to ride there (to get my touring fix) and then get the ferry from spain directly back to the UK. Apprently there is one now?

Alternatively we could fly as you did, and then go on another trip (as well; as the WSB trip) to the n'berg ring!!!

Decisions desicions :confused:

Thanks for your input, much appreciated:thumb

wheeliecrazy said:
Another alternatrive I have thought about woul dbe to ride there (to get my touring fix) and then get the ferry from spain directly back to the UK. Apprently there is one now?

We aim to please :D

Two ferries, Barcelona to Portsmouth or Santander to Plymouth, both go back to the UK overnight. Not sure which days of the week tho.

Back
Top Bottom