Garmin Satnav

Tractor

Reaction score
I have been given a Garmin Zumo 550 satnav (complete with holder) and want to fit it to my 2001 RT1150RT. I sent an email to Nippy Normans enquiring about mountings but have not had a reply. Do not want to in any way to spoil my view of the speedo and tachometer. Any of you guys know of a way that I can do it without major surgery ?

This is the ideal solution for you Tractor. A mate had one on his RT and it was ideal.

I'll be in Cornwall for a week in two weeks time. Please have the weather sorted there's a good chap. :thumb2

Mounted mine (on my 1150GS) here.

P1000943.jpg

P1000945.jpg

P1000942.jpg

Using a Ram ball and double connector.

Hardwired (fused) through the sidelight circuit.

The 'old' trick was RAM-B-252 onto a 13mm pillar attached onto a cap socket screws (hold handlebars onto the yoke) this can be now done with RAM-B-367 (drop cap socket thru ball head) .. or as :aidan suggested onto the cast fluid resrvoir casing, choices, RAM-B-345 or RAM-B-346

BMW do a Sat Nav mount for the dash top - It works a treat because the Sat Nav is smack in the middle of your view to keep glancing at it on your route.

Rik

as you have a 550 be aware that although the GPS is waterproof the mount is not ! well done Garmin :blast

open up the back of the mount ( 4 screws) and cover the area of the ribbon cable with silicone grease otherwise the mount burns out if it gets wet and will be £50 for a new one

Migsel

I have been given a Garmin Zumo 550 satnav (complete with holder) and want to fit it to my 2001 RT1150RT. I sent an email to Nippy Normans enquiring about mountings but have not had a reply. Do not want to in any way to spoil my view of the speedo and tachometer. Any of you guys know of a way that I can do it without major surgery ?

I use Migsel on my 1200RT, well engineered bit of kit.

http://www.migsel.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=14

This is the ideal solution for you Tractor. A mate had one on his RT and it was ideal.

i have this mount...... its fantastic, but the ram ball which screws in will need locktighting in or the weight of the gps+ arm will cause it to come loose.......also you will need longer screws to attatch it to the pannel. a short arm for the ram mount works best to minimise the vibrations.

Hman

Migsel

My husband just swapped his 1150RT for a 1200RT and has the migsel mount up for grabs. Send a pm if interested.

Back
Top Bottom