Advice on Ferries to Zeebrugge

eggsy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Guys,
I am looking at taking a car from Hull to Zeebrugge to visit Ypres on the weekend of 24 August and back on 26th with four of us on board.
What is the best ferry company to go there with, or is it cheaper to go through the Tunnel etc.
Ive been to Ypres before on a bike but not in a car using a ferry.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Eggsy :bow

hull to brugge - heading for 300 quid

drive to dover get tunnel and drive only 30 miles from dunkirk

or norfolk lines 20quid each way

bit slow it takes 2 hours then add the time change on

50 in car from scouse and sorted

used tunnel in car when going holland (they wanted 350 to rotterdam last summer)

tunnel was 55 quid and 40 in juice to get to holland

tunnel cost same for bike bizarrley

It's great Eggsy, you get on the P&O ferry in Hull at tea time,grab something to eat, have a few jars and arrive in Zeebrugge refreshed in the morning. It's part of the break apart from the crappy turn that's always singing the same songs for the onboard entertainment. I drove last year to the Carnoy cemetry to see my great grandads grave, very moving and now I've bought a GS I'll be doing it again soon!!!

The benefit of the p&o ferry to me is it takes the pain out of the return trip.

When you factor in accommodation costs and you are dividing the £ by 4 it's not that much more expensive.

re p&o ferries

hi
i find that thomos cook take some beating :thumb2
also the evening meal on the ferry is really good.
me & pals have not long since come back from ypres what a great place with lots to see & do.
we stayed in the ARIANE HOTEL not cheap but fantastic place.
if you plan on camping i believe their is a good cheap site near to the stadium just a short walk to menin gate.
have a great trip :beerjug:

If you take Hull-Zebrugge..........

Book Langan's Brasserie, rather than the buffet. :rob

You'll get 2 courses of reasonable food at the brasserie for the same price as 3 courses of low-grade dog-food in the buffet. :barf

Al :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom