Headlight adjuster

appledell

Reaction score
Just had my R1200RT MOT'd at a 'normal' garage and the fo****g eedjet tried to raise the headlight aim by using a 1/4 inch ratchet on the left/right adjuster, turned it to the stop and then carried on - stripping the knob from its spined shaft :mad::blast:

The boss tried to baffle me with bullshit but I was having none of it. In the end he said leave it and he will replace the headlight assembly.

I had a good look around the garage and thought - I am not leaving my bike here !!! I said I will think about it :confused:

I have managed to 'araldite' the knob back on after making sure the shaft turns ok (it turns ok)

Would this fix be ok?

or would you let him loose on your bike and replace the headlight assembly?

I guess the honest answer to will this fix be ok, is to see whether it breaks in use.

Its an unfortunate situation, but given what youy've said IU wouldn't have left mine there either.

Why not show him the microfiche of the part thats failed and then suggest that he buys it from the local BMW dealer and to 'meet him half way' you fit it yourself?

adjuster

mine broke three years ago.guys at mottorad stuck it back on.have not needed to touch it since.still there

Stuck the knob back on and it works but there is still a lot of play in the headlight. Hard to explain really. You can pull the knob and the reflecter moves to the right or push it and the reflecter moves to the left - only by about a third of an inch - but it shouldnt move. I guess when on the move it will look like the lights at a Who concert !

I have emailed the garage with the bad news so will have to wait and see :rolleyes:

Just called the garage to see if the new unit had arrived. Got a 'I did not agree to replace the unit' in response. So I guess next stop is to report him to VOSA for allowing it to pass its MOT and the small claims court :nenau

Threaten them with both those actions and you should get a change of heart from him. Good luck mate. :thumb

Ta

Emailed him with course of action at 1300. No reply or call up to now so I guess the gloves are off

:rocketwho

It took the court summons to get the scrote to answer any letters.

Anyhoos, new headlight fitted today and he paid for costs. Result :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom