Givi Airflow AF447

Rasher

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Fitted my Airflow now, got a good price from Chainspeed

http://www.chainspeed.co.uk/products/GIVI-AF447-AIRFLOW-Windscreen-Yamaha-XT1200Z-Super-Teneré.html

This is a doddle to fit after the GS one, under 10 minutes to unbox and fit, the lower unit can mount in a number of positions (like the OEM Yamaha screen) and then it is the same as the GS one with the upper screen on a quick release slider.

No tools required are required to adjust the upper screen, although it is difficult to do on the move, but can easily be done when stopped (or moving very slowly) with your gloves on.

Works a treat, at it's lowest (both lower screen and upper screen) it is about the same height as stock screen in high position.

I have now moved my lower screen up to max so it now starts off about 2 inches above where the OEM one was in the top position, this still allows air to reach my face, with the upper screen moved about 2/3rds of the way up I can still see over the screen, but am sat in a completely still pocket of air.

It is also quite a bit wider than the OE screen, and to be honest I am not sure the winglets are doing much now so if your thinking of either a screen or wingletts give this a go - I can vouch for the wingletts alone not eleiminating wind noise, no idea if it makes it better, but then thing was damn noisy before the Givi went on!

Will get a view from the back next week as we do a 300 mile trip to get the luggage fitted.

So far very happy, especially with price, it looks no more complex than GS version to make, but costs a fair bit less :nenau

Will post picture if it it stops raining long enough for a camera shutter to operate

This seems to work a treat, certainly easy to get the wind blast over your head.

I ended up using the Yamaha's higher screen setting after playing about as with the lugs in the lower holes I think the bracket showing looks ugly, but I now use the lower screen holes on the Airflow.

Even in the lowest position it definately works better than the stock screen, by about half way up the air is pushed over my 6'1 frame (and I have the seat in the high position) this is as tested by raising hand in front of helmet and seeing where the wind hits my hand.

The Mrs also reckons it is much better now, so a bit of a result.

Personally I don't mid the look

3F.jpg

Givi2.jpg

Givi1.jpg

I got mine from Sam Chainspeed, he told me he now sells more Airflows for Tenere's than anything else.

Back
Top Bottom