diode boards

MATKAT

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
can someone tell me where i can buy one of those trick modded Diode boards for my 100GS...................
Dood'

can someone tell me where i can buy one of those trick modded Diode boards for my 100GS...................

Guy by me changes the diodes from "if I remember", 25 to 50amps. Still tho, 280 watts. Just less heat,the culprit that kills the boards.

He did mention to me that with Omega,if I were to break down on the road,I would only be able to utilize "Omega Parts" like rotor and stator.

But by staying "factory" and only changing diodes,parts are no big deal to get.

On the other hand,if your looking for more "Watts" to run more gadgets, then Omega is the way to go!

getting confues

Now I know its not difficult.......i'm getting a bit confused here !!!
Just want to get a more relaible didode board.whats all this Omega stuff !!
Will the Thunderchild one just bolt on with no further mod's and is it a useful upgrade as I keep hearing oe ones can fail !!
Be gentle with me guys, just a novice here:D

Maybe someone can confirm this?

I understand that early gs and g/s have rubber mounted diode boards with dodgy earth straps and are prone to failure. Hence the sale of earth straps and solid diode mounts. Later model paralever gs have solid mounted diode boards, better mechanical earthing and are less prone to failure.

Rotors will fail equally regularly on both early and later models.

Sean

I understand that early gs and g/s have rubber mounted diode boards with dodgy earth straps and are prone to failure. Hence the sale of earth straps and solid diode mounts. Later model paralever gs have solid mounted diode boards, better mechanical earthing and are less prone to failure.

Yes,.....very true...

Thanks chaps

Found Thunderworks.they sell the didode board plus for solid mounts for $90.........seems a bargain very informative site and they want $10 for shipping !!!! Guess Customs will nab it on way in but still a bargain. Think i'll pass on Motorworks
!!!

Early G/Ss had solid diode board mounts!

Anything can fail! Larger rated components usually reduce the risk of failure.

I'm still running the original diode board on my 1980 R80 G/S. But I have gone through at least 2 rotors. You carry what you want - I'll carry a rotor rather than a diode board.

Back
Top Bottom