badly vandalised RT for sale (possibly) cheap.

mark2jag

Reaction score
One of my work mates neighbours has an 08 plate 21000 mile old RT with everything on it. he took it to London, parked it in a bike bay,while he went for his interview, and when he came back it had been quite severely vandalised. All the panels with slash marks and chemical damage (chemicals unknown but seems to think it is thinners/brake fluid/other unknown substances)and they have slashed the back part of the seat but not the front. he has told me that with his insurance it wont cover the panel damage.
It seems like he had some driving convictions pushing up his insurance bill so went for the cheapest option, and now is regretting it. if you had to repaint and get a new rear seat does anyone know what its likely to cost. he has offered me the bike for £4500, but I'm not sure where to go from here.

Advice (of the CONSTRUCTIVE type only please, you know who you are:rolleyes:) appreciated please.

Mark

One of my work mates neighbours has an 08 plate 21000 mile old RT with everything on it. he took it to London, parked it in a bike bay,while he went for his interview, and when he came back it had been quite severely vandalised. All the panels with slash marks and chemical damage (chemicals unknown but seems to think it is thinners/brake fluid/other unknown substances)and they have slashed the back part of the seat but not the front. he has told me that with his insurance it wont cover the panel damage.
It seems like he had some driving convictions pushing up his insurance bill so went for the cheapest option, and now is regretting it. if you had to repaint and get a new rear seat does anyone know what its likely to cost. he has offered me the bike for £4500, but I'm not sure where to go from here.

Advice (of the CONSTRUCTIVE type only please, you know who you are:rolleyes:) appreciated please.

Mark

:bounce1:D

If it's sound mechanically (after assessing it carefully), with a provenance and SH then it should be ok

Rear seat re-cover £30

Panels from either Motoworks or Ebay - prob £400-500

Should be ok to buy

Alternatively, trailer it to Steppers and let him assess it for you (for a fee) and take it from there

:bounce1:D

If it's sound mechanically (after assessing it carefully), with a provenance and SH then it should be ok

Rear seat re-cover £30

Panels from either Motoworks or Ebay - prob £400-500

Should be ok to buy

Alternatively, trailer it to Steppers and let him assess it for you (for a fee) and take it from there
yep Service history and only 21000 miles so should be ok. wondering if it might be cheaper to get the panels resprayed, but then I know nothing about resprays or the cost involved.

I might well be barking up the wrong tree...:)

There are

some very good sprayers in Camberley in the estate behind Mc Donalds

Did a very good match up on my 1100 tank and beak

You wouldn,t spot the difference from the original

Mark

Image Design and Custom

01276 503866

They will give you an idea on price

A respray is likely to be £3-400 or so I'd guess....there's a fair bit of prep work to be done from the sounds of it, filling and sanding the slashes, as well as removing the chemical residue completely (if any is left, it will bubble under the new paint so it has to be 100% removed)

If the price of new panels (or even second hand good condition ones) is broadly similar to having a respray, I'd be inclined to go for replacement panels, and keep the damaged ones as spares for the future *they could be renovated over time or done as/when needed then, or even tidied up a it then sold on ebay etc)

This is all going to depend on the depth of the slashes and so on of course......a prof spray shop for a sensible quote is going to be far more accurate.

Back
Top Bottom