2013 Triumph Trophy – Rather like the 1200RT…

ebbo

Reaction score
Hmmm, BMW may have competition on its hands with the 3 cylinder, shaft drive, electric screen Triumph Trophy. Might be nice to ride British, I rather like it :)
http://www.webbikeworld.com/triumph-motorcycles/2013-triumph-trophy/

triumph-trophy-se-right-side.jpg

triumph-trophy-dashboard.jpg

"Rather like" - NO a blatant, shameless, unimaginative copy of the RT in an attempt to cut into this market. No doubt, versions for the emergency services will come out as well. Why not move the game on, come out with something WOW :nenau

Sorry, not impressed :censor:

A bit of originality would've been good :blast

It's just boring (but then so is the RT IMHO)...

It looks more like the Pan with a bit of GTR and just a pinch of RT.

Well what did you expect? Triumph don't design bikes they just copy someone elses. Still if you like their 3 clyinder engine then it's probably worth trying one just to see if it suits you better than the RT.

As they say "Imitation is the greatest form of flattery" but why have a copy when you can have the real thing..

Been discussed here

Looks like the headlight from a Honda. Maintenance free shaft drive, they never learn. We'll see how it stacks up when BMW's full range of water cooled boxers is released and after some reviews from owners.

Been discussed here

Looks like the headlight from a Honda. Maintenance free shaft drive, they never learn. We'll see how it stacks up when BMW's full range of water cooled boxers is released and after some reviews from owners.
Copied with thanks from RooLoo post on Pelican Parts
73eb3dad.jpg

Side by side, I prefer the 1200RT, its a much sharper design :rob

A bit of originality would've been good :blast
Look at the history of tourer and sport-tourer design; once BMW broke cover with the R100RS followed by the R100RT, no manufacturer (that I can think of) has really done anything but follow their lead.

The Honda luxo-barges owe a great deal to the original RT in looks. The GTR and Pan were poorly executed K-RT clones and now we have this Triumph 1200RT look-alike (unfortunate choice as the 1200RT is the fugliest RT by a large margin).

What is surprising is that a manufacturer that has been generally derided for ploughing their own furrow for decades is often copied (GS, RS & RT) unsuccessfully. At the same time, BMW has been increasingly more 'ordinary' (chain-drive, across the frame twins and fours).

Originality is dead. Even the air-cooled Boxer is being given the last rites.

What's 40kg of additional weight between friends?

Ah, I did raise this point with a Triumph owning freid of mine. I said they tended to a bit on the porky side.
40kgs is a lot, probaly to much for me. But, I'll still give a run, I still yearn tyo own a Triumph triple before I'm done on two wheels.
\v/

The GTR and Pan were brilliantly executed K-RT clones and now we have this Triumph 1200RT look-alike (fortunate choice as the 1200RT is the best looking RT by a large margin)

Corrected for you - BMW would still be a niche manufacturer if they were still churning out sh*te with the three/four cylinder brick engine :thumb

Corrected for you - BMW would still be a niche manufacturer if they were still churning out sh*te with the three/four cylinder brick engine :thumb
You seem to labouring under the misapprehension that I've suggested that BMW should still be "churning out" anything in particular.

As for your correction, the GTR was a shoddy heap of shite that rusted if you breathed near it, the fairing inner looked like something nailed together by a ten year old who'd watched too many Blue Peter programmes and had egg boxes left over. The Pan? Shit! The K-RT/LT was an example of pant-wetting dynamic excitement compared to the bland, soporific Pan. :rolleyes:

And the rest....

According the comic, wet weight/no panniers - BMW 229Kg, Triumph 301kg :eek:

Wet weight of an RT , ready-to-roll, no panniers, fuel tank 90% full is 259kg accoring to the German BMW website. Dry weight is 229kg.

So approx. 40kg....

Check it out.

HTH,

John

It does seem that Triumph has a good copy of the RT. BUT, they have some good ideas, such as the 12v power in the fairing pocket and top box.
Its a Shame that they cannot do a design of there own as they seem to be doing close copies of BMW top selling models - GS/RT-

Back
Top Bottom