Motronic wiring

Dr Bones

Reaction score
I've got a strange one.

After changing the clutch last weekend (97 R1100GS). I've just been checking the bike over to make sure it all went back together OK. I thought I'd check the TPS voltage, but I couldn't get a reading. So I checked the TPS itself , all OK there (moves from 1043 to 1732 ohms as you open the throttle). I don't seem to be getting much voltage on pin 1 of the TPS wiring (maybe 6 milivolts?), pin 4 seemed to have a good earth. I checked the fault codes and got 1133, 1122 (hall sensors - expected given engine wasn't running) and fault code 1111 (CO pot). No TPS fault, I then cleared the faults down and checked again, same fault codes were back. I checked pin 2 of the CO pot wiring and there is 2.5 volts there.

Anyone know what voltage I should expect at pin 1 of the TPS?

I'm thinking this might be a problem with the big TPS connector? Maybe I disturbed something when I took the bike apart?

The bike starts and idles OK though

Or has the motronic started to pack up?

Looks like the Motronic. I tested the continuity from each terminal in the CO and TPS wiring plugs, back to the respective pin on the Motronic plug and everything looks OK. As I said before I manually tested the CO pot and TPS with a multimeter and they both show changes in resistance through their range of movement.

It looks like the Motronic isn't passing enough voltage to them?

:nenau

Has anyone got a spare Motronic (part number 0 261 200 758) I could borrow / buy to test my theory?

Nailed it. I cleaned all the connections and applied dielectric grease to them. I can now read the TPS voltage. Still getting an error code 1111 (CO pot), but the CO pot adjusts the idle speed when I turn it. So I'm not sure what's happening there? Bike runs fine. Perhaps I disturbed something when I did the clutch or maybe it was the damp getting in as the last ride before doing the clutch ended in a downpour for 90 miles?
:nenau

Back
Top Bottom