Pulled up at the lights

Steptoe

What a waste.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
These bobbers pulled up in front of me yesterday, pic taken through the car window on my very old nokia phone, hence the murk.

A couple of very old harleys, and two british bikes.
They looked so relaxed, all packed up and ready to ride to ...........Spain. No twat suits or armoured clothing, just jeans, boots and a jacket.

See, it's all so simple if you want it to be.
Somewhere along the line in all this GS and adventure bike bolloxs we've missed the point. Who do you think is having the adventure.

:beerjug:

21e7ngk.jpg

This 'touring' thing can be exactly what you want it to be...

'The public gets what the public wants'

Which is the sad bit really :D

This 'touring' thing can be exactly what you want it to be...

'The public gets what the public wants'

Which is the sad bit really :D

There are riders who believe it's impossible to go touring unless you've got ££££'s of pounds of "essential" equipment and read the right magazine. :D

Awwwwww, the innocence of youth (whimsical look..........).

I rode to work in the pouring rain this morning without my Gortex liner in, that was an adventure :p

Andres

Shannon Corner's always an adventure!

Good on 'em. Deffo agree you can tour on anything you want :thumb2

Gotta say though, having been across some spicy roads in Romania in the last couple of days I'm sooooo glad to be on the GS.

Great Shot ,we get loads of Dutch riders passing through Brighton and they always look cool , old school proper Bikers if such a thing still exists !!:thumb2

There is a lot to be said for touring on an old bike. Lower the speed and you see more. It all becomes more relaxed and keeps you on the twisty roads. I have a plan for a Brit bike adventure next year if anyone is interested?

There is a lot to be said for touring on an old bike. Lower the speed and you see more. It all becomes more relaxed and keeps you on the twisty roads. I have a plan for a Brit bike adventure next year if anyone is interested?

something that is occurring to me more and more , i seem to be yearning for a slower more relaxed way of riding , and actually seeing something along the way:friday

something that is occurring to me more and more , i seem to be yearning for a slower more relaxed way of riding , and actually seeing something along the way:friday

Can you not ride your GS a bit slower?

Why not try it, it does work :thumb2

Can you not ride your GS a bit slower?

Why not try it, it does work :thumb2

thats the problem Gs went last year:tears got this Tiger 955 now see its a fuckin rocket ship and ive no will power:blast:D

took out maverics Airhead the other day and fell in love with plodding around .......waddya reakon time for a C90:augie:D:D:D

thats the problem Gs went last year:tears got this Tiger 955 now see its a fuckin rocket ship and ive no will power:blast:D

took out maverics Airhead the other day and fell in love with plodding around .......waddya reakon time for a C90:augie:D:D:D

You know what though, everytime I go down that route I start hankering after the 'speeeeeeeed' again............it's becoming a cyclical thing :D

Andres

You know what though, everytime I go down that route I start hankering after the 'speeeeeeeed' again............it's becoming a cyclical thing :D

Andres
and in that you have a very good point:D

...took out maverics Airhead the other day and fell in love with plodding around .......waddya reakon time for a C90:augie:D:D:D

Love it :)

C90.

Kudos to you sir, my hat is tipped.

I can get it though, I really liked borrowing Motoscot's old Airhead loaner

Andres

Surely that's why one is never enough?

When you have the choice it seems the slow ones get all the use. (And they are more reliable!)

Just going out now and have a choice of bikes to use. What could be better that a 1951 Ariel VB combination. 600cc, 15hp and the dog can come too..

Surely that's why one is never enough?

When you have the choice it seems the slow ones get all the use. (And they are more reliable!)

Just going out now and have a choice of bikes to use. What could be better that a 1951 Ariel VB combination. 600cc, 15hp and the dog can come too..

I have got more than one bike :thumb

Guzzi 1110 Griso
Guzzi Mk1(ish) LeMans
Guzzi T3 / Watsonian Monza
WMB R1200GS
Husaberg F450
Mobylette 50

They are all slow......................

...............I'm hankering after speeeeeed again :D

Andres

Take a spark plug out of the Tiger...Want more oomph, pop it back in...Voila, you're welcome!

Back
Top Bottom