news gs.what panniers?

happy pilgrim

Reaction score
been and done it , new 1200gs arrives next week, now need to spend more hard earned cash on bits. what is generally recognised as being the best panniers. bmw's own ? or givi,h+ B etc.,any comments/ thoughts much appreciated as new to gs and this web site.

happy pilgrim said:
been and done it , new 1200gs arrives next week, now need to spend more hard earned cash on bits. what is generally recognised as being the best panniers. bmw's own ? or givi,h+ B etc.,any comments/ thoughts much appreciated as new to gs and this web site.

The best available for the 1200 will undoubtably be the Jesses, available from:

http://www.kiwibob.de/eng/Jesse_Luggage/jesse_luggage.html

panniers

thanks for link. i had a look at the website. the panniers looked a bit ......basic if you know what i mean.
plus i have never heard of them , not that makes them bad but i have heard of givi etc.

I have the std. BMW gear and reckons it looks far better than any after-market stuff which basically just looks ...well.. "after market" and doesn't do anything for either the styling or the potential resale value of the bike.

Re: panniers

happy pilgrim said:
thanks for link. i had a look at the website. the panniers looked a bit ......basic if you know what i mean.

Basic? Outside of Verns (who doesn't make them for the 1200 yet), they are probably the best constructed and strongest boxes available for Adventure style bikes.

plus i have never heard of them ,

Where have you been? True, if you've moved to the 1200 from sports bikes you won't have heard of them.

i have heard of givi etc.

Fine, if you want plastic.

panniers

where have i been...... well local bike shop who always have very shiny plastic panniers on display which look very dear and very breakable. and i think having looked at various web sites this afternnon would probably agree the bm sets do look better. perhaps its the " photographers case look" that puts me off some of the after market kit!

Metal Mule

take a look at metal mule panniers, they are excellent and have a superb fixing system......................not welded but pop riveted for much easier repair on the road !! Positive locking, well worth a look and very helpful to boot !!!
Dood'

Basic? Outside of Verns (who doesn't make them for the 1200 yet), they are probably the best constructed and strongest boxes available for Adventure style bikes.

Steve you cant have seen my 1200 at princetown then. will post a pic just as soon as I get some pennies to Paul.

Happy Pilgrim

Yes, helmet will fit in Metal Mule Top box. Paul builds to order so will make any personal mods you need.

I had the Touratech panniers and have now switched to the Metal Mules as you can take them on and off a lot easier.

The new anodised ones are really worth the extra. I think they are at the NEC if you are going that way. Have a chat with them and get all your questions answered, but if you go with the Metal Mules I'm sure you'll be happy.

the Mules Rule!

yup going to NEC. anyone clever enough to know stand numbers of any of these dealers/manufacturers. as it s abig show !!!

Back
Top Bottom