hi - i am new here need advice

hugob35

Reaction score
hi,

recently bought a F650 GS year 2000 model - cheap and in need of some work.

one of the things that needs work are the rear brakes - i was informed that the rear master cylinder was buggered and needed replacing - so i got one on ebay which i have - i inspected and looks good - i fitted it and began to pump and bleed brakes but nothing was happening - fluid not getting through and i have now idea why.

i have checked all the joins and everything is tight - copper washers in place etc, resevoir full , cap of pumping like a mad thing with a bleed kit on the bleed nipple - opening and closing the bleed nipple as i pump and i am getting nowwhere quickly.

i have had the caliper off to see if it was seized and it is not as i was able to put the piston back in place no problem.

any ideas

hugh.

any ideas -

Hi Hugh,
I'm also new here and also from Cork :thumb but I hope I can help, if your caliper problem is still an unresolved issue.

I had similar problems when my Dad and I replaced the brake hoses on his R1100RT. We could get the back caliper bled without issue but couldn't get fluid through to the front 2 calipers by just filling up the Master cylinder reservoir.

I have experience dealing with Mountain bike hydraulic brakes so I went to a chemist, got a large syringe and some clear tubing and forced brake fluid from the calipers back up to the MC and over time the lever got firmer and we got all of the air out of the system. This bike also has ABS so the port here also had to be bled to get all of the air out.

If you haven't resolved your problem I'd give this method a go.

All the best,
DGB.

Back
Top Bottom