Won't idle smoothly - here's why

Gecko

Reaction score
I couldn't figure why my bike would be erratic on idling - sometimes it was fine but other times I'd arrive at a stop and the bike would stall other times it seems to be idling too quick.... here's why.
Time to replace the throttle cables me thinks... just in time :eek:

While you are enjoying this - do you know if, when reconnecting the fuel lines and putting the tank back : does it matter which goes with which throttle. is it important? Is there a left and right hand fuel line to go to the left and right hand throttle body or doesn't it matter?

Attachments

• throttle cable (800x600).jpg
    throttle cable (800x600).jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 335
The fuel lines are feed and return, not LH RH
The you have the 2 small lines which are breather and water drain

HTH
Neil

About 110,000 kms - original cables so I guess I can complain really. Just glad I spotted them before the next outing :thumb2

Mine suffered a similar fate at about 29k miles, kept sticking and popping on the over run as the throttle body was sticking open.

Cables worked out slightly cheaper from MW and could get them next day, there was a bit of a wait at the time from BMW. :beerjug:

I replaced all the cables and the splitter unit. € 146 from dealer or £ 86 from MW but then I'd need to get them sent over here and with the exchange rate just now it wasn't worth waiting.Job done - just need to get the tank back on now and balance the throttles now.

Back
Top Bottom