Crap BT21's Gone

stonehenge

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Finally got the 1200RT I wanted after I dumped the shitty BT21 rubbish excuse for a tyre. Utter total crap, Bridgestone should be ashamed of itself to sell such a piece of shit.

That feels better! :beer:

Replaced with Mich PR3's, nice a comfy, neutral etc etc just as a tyre should feel. Replaced at Micheldever for £229.99 so good price.

Funny thing was, when I was there a bloke brough in a rear wheel from a 1050 Sprint ST with a BT21, that started to look like a peeled orange like mine and thought it was his rear shock! He looked at mine and realised that this tyre is just rubbish.

Never had a tyre so bad before :rob

Finally got the 1200RT I wanted after I dumped the shitty BT21 rubbish excuse for a tyre. Utter total crap, Bridgestone should be ashamed of itself to sell such a piece of shit.

Replaced with Mich PR3's, nice a comfy, neutral etc etc just as a tyre should feel. Replaced at Micheldever for £229.99 so good price.

Funny thing was, when I was there a bloke brough in a rear wheel from a 1050 Sprint ST with a BT21, that started to look like a peeled orange like mine and thought it was his rear shock! He looked at mine and realised that this tyre is just rubbish.

don't hold back there! keeping it in is just burning you up :D :D

Are you me?!

Yesterday I too changed my RT's 021s for some PR3s. I never found the 021s to be that bad, and they weren't worn out, but I'm off on a long trip and so wanted new tyres.
The PR3s immediately feel better. More comfortable over rough surfaces and lovely transition into corners.

Will report back on how long they last.

I have just finished off my PR2s and will be getting the PR3s.

£230 seems a good price for them; will have to get onbthe phone and see if I can get the same.

Are you me?!

Yesterday I too changed my RT's 021s for some PR3s. I never found the 021s to be that bad, and they weren't worn out, but I'm off on a long trip and so wanted new tyres.
The PR3s immediately feel better. More comfortable over rough surfaces and lovely transition into corners.

Will report back on how long they last.

Agreed, the PR3's don't seem to mind rough surfaces (just as well in Wiltshire!) and are perfectly ok going over catseyes that would break your teeth using BT21's.

I changed my BT21s at the first service on mine! The Michelin PR3s have felt very much better ever since :thumb2

Just completed a very nice 250 miles and the PR3's have transformed the bike. I really like riding it and the ESA problems have gone away, it was the tyres all along! Talked to a mate with a FJR13 today who also had a bad experience with BT21's.

BT21's have a problem with white lines....even dry white lines. Mines will be coming off as well at service time.

BT21's had a problem lasting and when they went they went very quickly had two sets only 4500 out of each.

Went for the BT23GT's last year MUCH nicer. They lasted 8000 miles including 5000 miles up through Norway and back through boring Sweden; 2000 miles of straightish roads.

Put another set on for this year's trip to Austria, though VERY tempted on the write up the PR3's were getting.

Maybe next time.

Keep the reports coming in too!

Nothing better than 'normal' folk evaluating their tyres than some leather clad 'sport rider journalist' burning rubber on a race track.

Had Dunlop Roadsmarts on my 1200RT when I bought it. After 2,000 miles they were white lining badly. After 6,000 miles both front and rear were totally shagged. Apart from cheap OEM Dunlops they have been the worst tyre I've ever had.

Fitted PR3's a few weeks ago. 3,000 miles down the road and they still look and feel brand new.

Had PR2's on my 1150RT which lasted 11,000 miles front and rear. Hoping the PR3's last just as long.

Regards

Rob C

Not mine. If I get less than 10,000 from a tyre then I'm disappointed.

My 1150 GS gets 15k from a rear and at least 25k from a front. I fit Tourances to that.

The PR2's are the only tyre I can wear out the edges before the centre. :p

Regards

Rob C

Surely any tire would be 'shagged' after 6000 miles:nenau

I've never had more than 5800 miles out of a rear tyre (Trail Attacks on my GS or Avon Azaro ST on my VFR800) and have worn a few out in under 2000 miles on my K1200S and VFR800 :p

The crappy BT021's on my RT are fairly well worn at 2300 miles and I don't expect them to last more than 4000 miles. I guess it may be PR3's next as I want more grip :nenau

I ride 35-50k mile per year. Replacing tyres every 2,000 would leave me bankrupt! Although 25 rear tyres/year should qualify me for a nice discount.

I had crappy OEM Dunlops on a Kawasaki Versys that were bald everywhere after 4,000 miles. That's the worst I've managed.

Regards

Rob C

Great! :confused: You've started another "I get xxxx miles out my tyres" - "I get yyyy miles out of mine"....... :thumb2

Seriously - try TyresRUs at Eastleigh for a quote next time - they used to be far cheaper than Micheldever, who I always thought - were taking the piss with their prices.

http://www.tyres-r-us.co.uk/

Al :thumb2

I ride 35-50k mile per year. Replacing tyres every 2,000 would leave me bankrupt! Although 25 rear tyres/year should qualify me for a nice discount.

I had crappy OEM Dunlops on a Kawasaki Versys that were bald everywhere after 4,000 miles. That's the worst I've managed.

Regards

Rob C

Rob

I do similar mileage on an 1100GS. Whats your preferred tyre for longevity?

Cheers

:D

Had Dunlop Roadsmarts on my 1200RT when I bought it. After 2,000 miles they were white lining badly. After 6,000 miles both front and rear were totally shagged. Apart from cheap OEM Dunlops they have been the worst tyre I've ever had.

Fitted PR3's a few weeks ago. 3,000 miles down the road and they still look and feel brand new.

Had PR2's on my 1150RT which lasted 11,000 miles front and rear. Hoping the PR3's last just as long.

Regards

Rob C

Just to show how different opinions re tyres can be, I love the Roadsmarts. We have them at work & get about 6K out of them. On my personal 1200RT I have just put on a pair of R-Smart 2, which feel fine, but only time will tell. I like the Michelin, but I prefer the Dunlop's. I have to say I have never ever seen tyre mileage life in the 10K region, with any tyre make/type.

Martyn, yer not trying hard enough :)

Darren, I've done 56,000 miles on my 1150GS since I got it. Been Tourances all the way. Just coming to the end of my 4th rear and just started my third front.

Blackal, sorry bored at work today and needed the distraction

Regards

Rob C

OK

I am new to the RT, luckily i have always been good on tyres, on my GSA's i would get 8k from a rear and 12 from a front ( conti trail attacks )

Ive had the RT for just over 3 months and put 6.5k on it, the Metzler Z8's still have plenty on them although they have squared off as i do lots of motorway miles to the Ardennes most weekends ( bloody Girlfriend ).

I think i will get another few thousand out of the rear, i dont mind the squaring off, i just get used to it tipping in differantly.

The Z8's are a very good tyre and worth a try

Martyn, yer not trying hard enough :)

Darren, I've done 56,000 miles on my 1150GS since I got it. Been Tourances all the way. Just coming to the end of my 4th rear and just started my third front.

Blackal, sorry bored at work today and needed the distraction

Regards

Rob C

Yep, Tourances are the best that I've found on mileage so far - about 8,000 from last rear (but I'm a bit of a lightweight - I've only done 40,000 in the last 18 months). Just working through a rear deathwing :eek: , then have a set of Scorpions to go, then back to Tourances, unless someone discovers a tyre that lasts longer! :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom