BMW Motorrad launches new F 700 GS and F 800 GS.

UKGSer

Administrator
Reaction score
bmwsmall.jpg
BMW Motorrad
United Kingdom

Media Information 03 July 2012

BMW Motorrad launches new F 700 GS and F 800 GS.

Parallel-twin adventure motorcycles to be unveiled at BMW Motorrad Days festival.

BMW Motorrad will unveil the new F 700 GS and F 800 GS at the 2012 Motorrad Days festival in Garmish-Partenkirchen 06-08 July. Based around the acclaimed economical and punchy 798cc parallel-twin engine and sporting new restyled bodywork, these two new additions to the iconic GS range offer two exciting, alternative takes on the adventure motorcycle for riders who tend towards either off-road adventure or on-road touring.

The new F 800 GS combines suitability for road use and touring with superior off-road qualities, bringing the two worlds together to an extent not previously seen in this class of motorcycle.

By contrast, the new F 700 GS is geared more towards motorcyclists who do not yet need quite the same level of off-road expertise. Its strengths are a lower seating height, all-round capabilities for everyday use and more than sufficient power while also offering outstanding economy. The F 700 GS also boasts a modest, yet noticeable, increase in both power and torque on the F 650 GS it replaces, as well as adds a second brake disc at the front.

Both the 2013 F 700 GS and F 800 GS will feature ABS as standard. BMW Motorrad’s new ‘Safety 360º’ initiative means that all BMW motorcycles from the model year 2013 onwards will come with ABS as standard, significantly pre-empting the requirement for ABS for new registered motorcycles in Europe likely to be introduced in 2016.

BMW Motorrad has begun the next chapter of the GS success story with the updated versions of these two successful adventure-sports motorcycles. From creating the class with the legendary R 80 G/S in 1980, to the very latest additions to the GS range, BMW Motorrad is consistently focusing on building on the characteristic strengths of the GS and refining the concept of the adventure motorcycle.

Provisional Launch date for the BMW F 700 GS & F 800 GS is September 2012. Prices TBA.

Technical highlights of the BMW F 700 GS & F 800 GS:
  • The latest generation of BMW Motorrad two-channel ABS as standard.
  • Double disc brake system at front - now also for F 700 GS.
  • Automatic Stability Control ASC (factory fit option).
  • Electronic Suspension Adjustment ESA (factory fit option). ESA on the F-series models features electronically adjustable rebound.
  • Rear spring mount can be adjusted via optimised handwheel.
  • Newly designed body features in a more dynamic, masculine look.
  • New handlebar switch units and brake fluid containers, front.
  • Cockpit with new dial faces for speedometer and engine speed display and an extended range of information.
  • Smoke grey turn indicators and smoke grey LED rear light glass covering.
  • Power reduction to 35 kW (48 bhp) (factory fit option).
  • Engine map adjustment for regular fuel (RON 91) (factory fit option).
  • Comfort seat (factory fit option).
  • Case carrier for Vario case (factory fit option).
  • New centre stand (factory fit option).
  • Enduro footrests, wide (special accessory).

Technical highlights of the BMW F 700 GS:
  • Increased output and torque as compared to predecessor model: 75bhp (55 kW) at 7,300 rpm (F 650 GS: 71bhp (52 kW) at 7,000 rpm).
  • New paint finishes: Red apple metallic, Ostra grey metallic matt and Glacier silver metallic.
  • New windshield.
  • New handlebar clamp.

Technical highlights of the BMW F 800 GS:
  • New paint finishes: Kalamata metallic matt, Cordoba blue and Alpine white 3.
  • New lowered suspension (factory fit option).
  • LED auxiliary headlight (special accessory).

The main differentiating technical features at a glance:

i-gcP3ZDP.gif
i-ngH3pVn.gif

pdf.gif
The 2013 BMW F 700 GS & F 800 GS - technical document

i-3G44wRP-L.jpg

2013 BMW F 700 GS

i-g4B26zk-L.jpg

The new BMW F 700 GS has restyled bodywork and a more powerful engine

i-JqwgZhF-L.jpg

The 2013 BMW F 700 GS and F 800 GS come with ABS as standard

i-MgWb4nb-L.jpg

2013 BMW F 800 GS with BMW Motorcycle Accessories

i-gbDG8SF-L.jpg

The 2013 BMW F 700 GS

For more information on BMW Motorrad products, or to find your local BMW Motorrad dealership, visit www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk or call 0800 777 155.

Hi,

does any one know the paint code or where I could get it for the Kalamat Metalic colour.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom