german import dakar

andy

Reaction score
just a quicky to the possy
what are the differences if any from a uk bike and a german import.
the bike is on a w reg. black & white
thank's in advance.

"W reg sounds like one of the first ones.

Lots were imported as they only allowed the dealers a couple a year each I think, and demand oustripped supply.

As long as the speedo's been changed and the headlight adjusted for UK roads - nothing.

Hopefully there should be paperwork with the bike detailing when made, mileage when imported etc etc - the Dakar I had was an import thru SPC. I got all the German paperwork and the DVLA stuff changing it over when the first person bought it.

Ideally the seller should have the original speedo so you can see how many KM's is did before coming over here - unless the speedo's still in KM's.

Have a decko at Trevor Geroges site F650.co.uk if you haven't already.

cheer's jon
iv'e posted the same question already on trevors site.
the speedo is still a kph one.
i take it the light cannot be adjusted to (swing the other way) i think it's been in uk for a couple of years so the headlight must have been changed for it to pass a uk mot right.

andy said:
i take it the light cannot be adjusted to (swing the other way) i think it's been in uk for a couple of years so the headlight must have been changed for it to pass a uk mot right.

I seem to remember there's two knobs you twiddle :D - gashing your knuckles in the process.

I don't think there's a quick turn type switch like you get on cars, to set it to the other side

Back
Top Bottom