A K1 has just joined the Stable...

Coolcarbon

Elsewhere....
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Following on from a thread by a fellow member on here, Luke Scott, a couple of days ago, I finally managed to get mine delivered today...:rolleyes: Work really does screw up playtime these days :D

I had one back in the nineties for over six years. Loved it but ended up part ex'ing it for my 1st 1150 gs.

Recently found myself able to justify a bit of expense and nostalgia so acquired this wee beauty..

Not quite as 'In yer Face' as Luke's, this is my favorite colour after all, and the same as my previous one...:thumb

K1Arrival20712.jpg

Two previous owners only, the original being some Wing Cmdr Toff from Chelsea...

K120712landed.jpg

Love the lines of the stealthy beastie...

K120712.jpg

The best bit was .....

mileageat20712.jpg

Barely run in ....

Standing around doing very little has taken it's toll on the alloy but a bit of buffing should see that right...:thumb2

Just need to drop it off at "MikeP Restorations" for a complete Turd Polishing Clean up.

Oh and Den, I'll gi ya a Shot when I bring it north....:flag :hide

That's lovely Mike and a great find with the mileage and condition.

You're welcome to leave it with me for a year or two to sort out (there's a lot of screws to undo on those K1 fairings :augie).

I don't think I've ever seen one in a 'normal' colour before..............that looks lovely CC, no wonder you're pleased with it :)

Out of interest, what are they like to ride; performance, handling? (they've always struck me as a slightly less capable Blackbird if that makes sense).

Andres

How on earth did you find a bike like that? 80 miles a year average mileage :blast :eek:

Lovely, scrummy bike :thumb2

Out of interest, what are they like to ride; performance, handling? (they've always struck me as a slightly less capable Blackbird if that makes sense).

Never had a pop on a Blackbird but have been their company on the road in the past and yes, I'd guess at a similar feel..with less power of course. Very lazy and laid back with plenty of 'torques'.... wrapped in a bubble of slippery air...;) I did once see it max out at 150MPH on it's speedo so the fairing etc seems to work...

They are relatively heavy as you'd expect...the one thing that catches most out is the horrendous lock... you soon learn to choose your parking space wisely... :D

My previous one surprised quite a few though it will, of course, never be as quick as well ridden GS....:rob :D

I had a 92 model in the late nineties. Great mile muncher except the riding position is a bit cramped.

I remember I had a barney on the phone with the girl I was seeing at the time. I was in Cheshire and she was in London. I wasn't happy with the way the call ended so after 10 mins I thought fek it I'm going to sort this out face to face. I jumped on the K1 ,onto the M6 at Jct17 straight down to London within 2hrs. Put her straight in a 30 minute face to face and then turned round and came straight back cruising at 110-120 most of the way back up the M40.

Never had a bike since that I could be arsed to do that on TBH.

Where the hell are all these nice low mileage K1s suddenly coming from? I was looking on and off for a year and never saw one.

I had a 92 model in the late nineties. Great mile muncher except the riding position is a bit cramped.

I remember I had a barney on the phone with the girl I was seeing at the time. I was in Cheshire and she was in London. I wasn't happy with the way the call ended so after 10 mins I thought fek it I'm going to sort this out face to face. I jumped on the K1 ,onto the M6 at Jct17 straight down to London within 2hrs. Put her straight in a 30 minute face to face and then turned round and came straight back cruising at 110-120 most of the way back up the M40.

Never had a bike since that I could be arsed to do that on TBH.
Many people don't realise that the big rubber bit on the rear hump is adjustable to tailor the riding position a bit.

They really do suit long, quick journeys. It's the most relaxed bike I've ever owned.

Part of me wants one again but it wouldn't suit the use I have for a bike these days so it would have to be a second bike.

Now a good K100RS 16v would be a good compromise.

Another one !

Bloody hell Mike that amazing. The mileage makes mine look over used :blagblah. So since we have a Harley & KTM section here it's now time to have a K1 section :friday. I was out on mine today trying to scrub in the new tyres :rolleyes:.

So since we have a Harley & KTM section here it's now time to have a K1 section :friday.
It won't have many posters would it? What about a Flying Brick section instead?

It won't have many posters would it? What about a Flying Brick section instead?

Oh yes, I would go with that! Kept my K1100RS when I bought the 1200GSA and am riding it just as much these days. I prefer it if I have to do any long dual carriagway/motorway runs - just feels happier in that environment than the GS does.

Bet there's a few Flying Brick owners on this site....

CC that is one beauty of a stealth bomber you have there:beerjug::beerjug:

Nice machine CC :thumb2

I loved the one I had. Not sure my knees could take it anymore though :(

The only issue I had with mine was in the summer. When the fan cut in on a hot day it would literally scorch my leg. I had to wear leather jeans to stop my leg burning. Apart from that it was an amazing machine. 90,000 miles without a hitch and just got faster and faster as the miles racked up. Sold it to a guy in Galway after I bought my first 1100GS

I got my KI on a 'G' reg from Church Stretton M/c Blue/yellow, I have nothing but fond memories of that bike, Had it remapped by BBR at Northampton, replaced the rear shock with an Olins unit, had a very vibe free bike, restricted to 100bhp, 150mph, 220 miles to a tank of fuel, front pads in 1991 costs £64.00, at 120mph the fairing was fantastic it was almost like being in a bubble of still air, crap steering lock, the 2 small fairing storage areas always filled with water and yep it got a bit hot in summer on the legs, Head butted a van with mine at 45000 miles 3 years old, great bike.:)

CC , was yours from Clarks in Rednal by any chance . Only I saw one just like it in there a few weeks bat but it didnt appear to be for sale?

Back
Top Bottom