Motorcycle touring for a virgin to the Emerald Isle

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well, I've never been to Ireland much before, well I tell a lie - a stag weekend in Dublin (which probably doesn't count) and I spent a weekend in Naas and had a wee brief ride around Wicklow mountains, 15 years ago

So apart from that i've never experienced this fair country

Later on in August I may have an opportunity to visit the Sligo area for about a week and would get the ferry to the Belfast area I expect

So let's have your recommendations for unmissable biking experiences in the Emerald Isle

ireland is on my to do list too:thumb2

buti wouldnt admit to being a virgin to this lot :eek:

hang a right in belfast and keep going till the border :thumb

mournes newcastle strangford daft eddys and killyleagh arms all good

carnlough to keady and newry to castleblayney, armagh to tandragee :bow

cushendall to armoy

from sligo - most bits of the n59 round to galway or the other way into donegal

glencar waterfall

You're welcome to a night here Johnny. We live in beautiful part of South Armagh and a nice start on the road to Sligo. Aidan could do you a nice route :thumb

:aidan

Lots of lovely riding routes out of Kilarney, and the whole SW coast is lovely too, but bearing in mind JB lives in N Yorks, I'd suggest the Northern coast from Donegal and around to Coleraine......You could call up Tuned and see if he'll come out to play :)

You can't go too far wrong over there though (as long as you don't mind 4 inches of gravel in the centre of all minor roads :blast ) :beerjug:

Lots of lovely riding routes out of Kilarney, and the whole SW coast is lovely too, but bearing in mind JB lives in N Yorks, I'd suggest the Northern coast from Donegal and around to Coleraine......You could call up Tuned and see if he'll come out to play :)

You can't go too far wrong over there though (as long as you don't mind 4 inches of gravel in the centre of all minor roads :blast ) :beerjug:

Stay away from Killarney and surrounding areas. Full of tourists and coaches filling up the lovely roads.

If your interested, I'll give you a days tour of the good spots that wouldn't be found unless you lived here. Cover between 100 and 200 miles in the day depending on what suits. PM me if interested.

You're welcome to a night here Johnny. We live in beautiful part of South Armagh and a nice start on the road to Sligo. Aidan could do you a nice route :thumb

JB we took up Aidan's and Mandy's very kind offer last year to visit them and the wonderfull isle. We had a terrific time and will certainly go back. Aidan did indeed help out with suggested routes and mighty fine they were too. Our blog shows much of what we encountered...

http://tinyurl.com/cyffs46

Take a look, perhaps it might give you some ideas?

Al and Sandy

Very kind of you both, if it comes together you might well have a PM:thumb

If your interested, I'll give you a days tour of the good spots that wouldn't be found unless you lived here. Cover between 100 and 200 miles in the day depending on what suits. PM me if interested.

Cheers Brendan, a wee run-out during that week may well be a great escape, I will PM you to see if you're free

JB we took up Aidan's and Mandy's very kind offer last year to visit them and the wonderfull isle. We had a terrific time and will certainly go back. Aidan did indeed help out with suggested routes and mighty fine they were too. Our blog shows much of what we encountered...

Al and Sandy

Cheers Al, just had a read of your great blog....................nice to to see my old 12GSA still giving you good service:thumb

Al and Sandy

Thanks Al, you'll have to come back to visit us in our new place :thumb Say hi to Sandy for me :thumb

Stay away from Killarney and surrounding areas.
Definitely agree with that :blast

2012-07-29124557.jpg

2012-07-29130747.jpg

Back
Top Bottom