2013 Husabergs - oh dear!

Greg Masters

'Don't mess with me' Member
Mod Squad
Reaction score
The new 2013 Husaberg 501 appears to be identical to the KTM 500 EXC save for the paint job.

There appears to be a minor difference around the water pump but all specs read the same.

:(

Greg

Attachments

• Husaberg 501 2013MY.JPG
    Husaberg 501 2013MY.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 558
That'll be a shame if true, I've always liked Bergs because they have always ploughed their own furrow...........

Andres

husa

the bikes are just a bit different ,like the men who ride them. strange that is :eek::eek:

Glad I went out and bought a new 2012 fe450 a couple of months ago when I heard they were changing them this year. Lovely bike.

chatting briefly to the local berg dealer he was insisting that other than the engine they are different.... i remain to be convinced, glad i've got a 70degree berg myself

Capitalising on the advances its parent company, KTM, has made in recent years, the 2013 Husabergs all use new-generation KTM engines and frames, but their subrame, fork, bodywork and accessory spec remains significantly different to what's found on the KTMs.

HERE

Got a 59 plate 390, glad that Berg have dropped the hideous yellow frames but retained the blue rims, I like the look of the new bikes but think the graphics are a mess.

So it's

Out with the quirky funky unreliable engine and replaced with the bomb proof ktm unit, what ever will they think of next.
I always preferred ktms but then I always liked to finish my races:D

Out with the quirky funky unreliable engine and replaced with the bomb proof ktm unit, what ever will they think of next.
I always preferred ktms but then I always liked to finish my races:D

You often speak of the 'old days', I'm guessing your bias is based on older Husabergs?

I've had a 450 and currently a 550, both been bomb proof:clap

The husabergs do tend to use better triple clamps and suspension than the equivalent ktm's.
They just look better finished IMO.

Back
Top Bottom