Pidcocks Long Eaton.

Tommy Gunn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It sounds as if a few long established & very helpful people have recently left Piddy's.
Anybody know if this is so & why?

I took the bike to Piddy's on Friday, goodness me it's all change in there, I only recognised 1 chap on the service desk - the miserable old bloke with the beard who looks as if he has the troubles of the world on his shoulders.
On the plus side I didn't get any hassle from the Sales guys. In fact they completely ignored me which is how I like it (unless I actively go looking for them, of course).

Well, the bikes been to Pidcock's for her 1st service, post all the changes.

Without boring you with the details I can't believe just how badly downhill it's gone.

Unless I read on here that things have improved dramatically I'll not be going back.

It's always been crap. Every now and then they've had a decent member of staff who has quickly done a runner as soon as they sussed out how bad they are. The current parts lad is a twat I've washed my hands of them completely.

Lots of staff changes at Astle, Grimsby as well. It could be that they sre all having a hard time of it, and cant keep staff.

Well, the bikes been to Pidcock's for her 1st service, post all the changes.

Without boring you with the details I can't believe just how badly downhill it's gone.

Unless I read on here that things have improved dramatically I'll not be going back.

Perhaps you should go into detail, I've been using Pidcock's for years with no issues with either the staff or the service - :nenau

Likewise :nenau

Although I've yet to visit since the change over.

Andres

Too dull to go into detail.
I'm on my 2nd RT and both bikes have always been serviced at Picocks, along with any other work that's needed to be done.

I know they've always charged a premium but they've also delivered quality, expertise and good old fashioned 'customer care'. Ritchie and Keith being the epitome of their core values.

Unfortunately whist they're still happy to charge the premium they seem to think it's acceptable to do so without delivering on anything else, IMO.

Hopefully you guys will find them better than I did but based on my latest service and the subsequent debacle I doubt whether my next bike will be a BMW, no matter how good the product.

Richie Round was a good guy in the sale team,anyone know where he went to?

As I understand it he went gardening which is a shame. If he'd gone to another dealer that would have given me a pointer as to what route to go down when the time comes to change.

Just take a nice ride down the A15 to Balderstons at Peterboro Timaloy,

First class in every department & friendly too :thumb2

When you say 'every department', their Sales Manager offered me £1,500 less than every other dealer when I went to part ex my old RT for a new one.

Suffice to say I wasn't impressed.

Maybe their service team are better than their sales team.

went last week to put my deposit on a new GS watercooled, my third gs in 5 years all from pidcocks my brother goes to rainbow, i have had as good if not better deals and service as he has, after i broke down after a trip to ireland a few months ago i took my gsa 08 to the service dept and matt ran a full diagnostic check, no appointment and foc, ive always found them friendly and helpfull;)

Worth knowing, thank you.
A good friend always uses Balderstones & is on his 3rd GS from them.

May be worth giving them a try.

after using pidcocks for around twenty years as my parts supplier ,i finally stopped using them (i wont bore you with the the details),i now use balderstons ,matt in the parts department is very proffesional,returns your calls and is generally very helpfull,top marks :thumb2

The leaving of staff from bmw/triumph was mainly due to a massive slice being removed from there wage packets, not sure if it was brought on from a loss in sales or if the dealership was suffering from Chris Pidcock not being there due to having Cancer !

Ref: Bmw shop
Steve hog and the fella behind the service desk(forgot his name) left and joined partnership to sell used cars, also a female manager was brought in by BMW to oversee steve hogs position.

Phil went to Cmc @ clay x .

Roger head tech went to train young offenders at glen parva bike mechanics !

I had heard about Chris' illness, I hope he's doing okay.

It strikes me there's a pattern emerging here.
Forget Pidcocks, go to Balderstones.
Fair enough, I'll try Balderstones in future.

Really appreciate the input, thanx chaps.

Back
Top Bottom