PDA

View Full Version : Stratstone Leicester - Hopeless....

prwatts
15-08-12, 14:11
I called them to test ride a Tiger 800XC and was met with indifference "we can only let you test ride a bike if you are sue you are going to buy it, sir" What??
Victims of their own success???
So it won't be a Triumph then....
Peter

Paul S
15-08-12, 14:26
I called them to test ride a Tiger 800XC and was met with indifference "we can only let you test ride a bike if you are sue you are going to buy it, sir" What??
Peter

Never knew you had to be called Sue in order to ride a Triumph :D

ppgser
15-08-12, 15:15
That's a bit familiar, suggest you ask to be known as Susan.

GSTourer
15-08-12, 15:33
Never knew you had to be called Sue in order to ride a Triumph :D

Only if you're a boy! :D

Nice 'n' Fat
15-08-12, 15:48
Peter

You are not alone :comfort

http://www.triumphtorque.com/messageboard/thread/145460-How-do-you-buy-a-Triumph-if-you-live-in-Leicester.aspx

stever1
15-08-12, 16:06
It does seem to be a reccuring theme that Triumph dealers lack shall we say " a certain amount of customer focus". I tried 2 Triumph dealers (York/Lincoln) to get info on the explorer. Lincoln didnt know the answer to a simple question about the machine, and the York dealer nearly had a duck fit when i asked the same question I.E what is the seat height ?. :(
I then asked about having a test ride and he said he would see when its available. After leaving me on hold for 15 minutes i hung up and waited for a return call which never happened.
As it happens, I went for another beemer, an RT this time and love it.:thumb2

Nice 'n' Fat
15-08-12, 17:29
I called my local Triumph dealer on the morning of Tuesday 24th July about a test ride on an Explorer and was told I could have it for 45 minutes from 15.00hrs that afternoon. When I suggested it would suit me better to have it longer, for example 2 hours, the salesman said he would "have to go and ask the General Manager, as this was a very unusual request"

I'm still waiting for the salesman to come back to me :augie

Bryn
15-08-12, 18:09
Peter

Strange how people have different experiences of a dealership.... I've had nothing but good results from Stratstone... from them taking in my old Tiger 1050 and selling it for more that I had paid PRIVATELY for it.... through test rides with no commitment... to buying a new Explorer at a very good price... and in between sorting any issue I had with kit or the bike...

You'd notice that as you leave the car park there is a big sign saying 'how was your experience? if not satisfied contact me"

Under that is the mobile number of Garry... the dealer principal.

If you'd have visited in person you may have had a result :comfort

neil27
15-08-12, 20:57
Nothing but praise for the guys at Webbs of Lincoln.

Had a test ride on the explorer for a good 2 hours, nearly 3 to be honest - no problem at all. Even sorted out the right seat for me prior to the test ride and also full tank to enjoy the bike with.

It's quite simple really, if your not happy with the service you have received then complain about it, if you don't and just whine about it on a forum they are unlikely to improve are they.

Nice 'n' Fat
15-08-12, 21:10
I'm not bothered if my local Triumph dealer improve. I couldn't give a flying fuck if the DP's missus is giving free blowjobs in the mens bogs. They had their chance and they failed miserably, so as a consequence they've lost my business!

It's a tough old world out there :augie

prwatts
16-08-12, 07:31
Strange how people have different experiences of a dealership.... I've had nothing but good results from Stratstone... from them taking in my old Tiger 1050 and selling it for more that I had paid PRIVATELY for it.... through test rides with no commitment... to buying a new Explorer at a very good price... and in between sorting any issue I had with kit or the bike...

You'd notice that as you leave the car park there is a big sign saying 'how was your experience? if not satisfied contact me"

Under that is the mobile number of Garry... the dealer principal.

If you'd have visited in person you may have had a result :comfort

Thanks for that Brynn.
To be honest I was shocked at the salesman's indifference. I usually like to go in person but these days you get there and its unlikely you can take a test ride immediately. I was not going to say anything, but decided to report my experience. I went to Clay Cross to book a Test Ride on an XTZ1200 (its a nice ride to get there) and was told "Sorry, we've sold the Demonstrator" "Uh - ok what about your other branches? I am on holiday so I could ride there and do a test ride" "We'll get back to you" Still waiting. So, morning spent, and all I could do was sit on a new one in the showroom.

Maybe I will waste a few hours and go there today. If you know the Dealer Principle please tell him that so far my experience of Triumph has been that they are falling into the same trap as all the others. Back in the day when the GS was a sales success they were the same. Now that GS's are everywhere and prices are coming down, they have woken up (too late) and have to do some work to sell a bike. Having said that, Pidcocks were coming down with 1200GS's but no F800's at all, so that Test Ride was also a non-starter....therefore instead of helping the economy I'll probly spend a bit on my 04 GS and keep it a few years till the 800's are a dime a dozen...

Bryn
16-08-12, 18:37
We're you up there around 12.30? Silver van man. (me) having a cuppa whilst T800 being scrutinised by GS rider :D

prwatts
16-08-12, 20:40
We're you up there around 12.30? Silver van man. (me) having a cuppa whilst T800 being scrutinised by GS rider :D

Yes, that was probably me - it was pretty quiet. I sat on the 800 and 1250's and fiddled around a bit and decided they had nothing over the GS. I will keep my 05 GS and see how the Wasser gekühlt turns out....

The only thing that would really get my attention is a Yamaha XTZ900...:D

Many thanks.