How do I remove db eater from Akrapovic exhaust?

Tim Cullis

Scotland lover
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Putney, London and the Altiplano de Granada
I've bought a second hand Akrapovic exhaust for my F650GS twin and want to remove the db eater. There's a rubber grommet thingy at the end of the exhaust that covers a hole through which I guess you stick a tool to unscrew whatever holds the db eater in place, but I can't work out what tool to use. I've tried metric allen keys and screwdrivers.

I found some YouTube videos where people were using allen keys but these were a different model Akrapovic from the one I have.

Have you tried torx head? (This is not from any experience of Akro exhausts – just a wild stab in the dark in case of it being overlooked).

That was clever Tim, hiding this here. If you'd put it in the 650/700/800 section I'd have found it a lot quicker.;)

My F800GS Akro has the db killer held in place by a bolt with an 8mm head.

I've bought a second hand Akrapovic exhaust for my F650GS twin and want to remove the db eater.

I should add, you'll probably find it a tad loud with the killer out. There is a thread on here somewhere re modding the db killer. I was going to drill holes in mine, but as suggested elsewhere, I just cut off 2 1/2 inches. It now sounds great.

Might it be riveted in?

A few exhausts I've had over the years do that or even a blob of weld on a nut/bolt - the idea being they are anti-tamper. Once cut/ground off you then replace with a nut and bolt.

Andres

Back
Top Bottom