Hennessy Hammocks

Iain.M

Reaction score
Anyone on here got any experience of these?
I am thinking of buying one but would like any thoughts on them first?
Cheers For Now:thumb2

I use'em they are very good...:thumb2

put a therma rest in it to insulate your back and you'll be nice and warm, if you don't you feel the cool to the bone...

no need for a tarp the asym has one already on it best price was about £100, get the snakes skins as well! it makes packing easier. the other cheaper one to look at is more traditional looking.... £40 hammock plus tarp £25 and an assortment of long loading straps from Halfords

tarp seperate... tarp attached depends where you find yourself, it's worthwhile having an extra cover if the weather turns really bad... but then all you need is cash and a hotel....

I have some sections of fibre glass poles which turns the tarp into a low tent the hammock becomes the ground sheet... it's all good!

picture below is the cheap hammock, which is alright for hanging about in. The Asym trekker? is better as it's rear entry...:eek: and has the mosi net built in.... and keeps the wind off better...:thumb2

Attachments

• 531216_10150906608785194_1904407588_n.jpg
    531216_10150906608785194_1904407588_n.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 290
I've got one and highly recommend it. Love wild camping with it. I've used it in the pissing rain and kept dry. I use an old bivi bag to put my stuff in underneath it and to stand on before I get in. I haven't used a carry mat but my sleeping bag is a five season so that's OK. My top tip is to carry a few pitons. I've twice slept in an old roofless house in Wales and Scotland where I've just hammered pitons into secure the hammock. Hennesey's are so comfy compared to a tent. Expensive but a lot better than the cheaper alternatives. Go for it.

Back
Top Bottom