My GT750

I've just had a moment of nostalgia when I had one in blue at the same time as my brother, also in blue.

I remember giving it head on a long right hand sweeper and wondered if it would be worth welding up the middle hinge. :D

A pair of Allspeeds would look real nice on that. :thumb

I remember giving it head on a long right hand sweeper and wondered if it would be worth welding up the middle hinge. :D

A pair of Allspeeds would look real nice on that. :thumb

Not nicknamed the 'Flexi flier' for nothing.:)

Purple one has a set of Allspeeds on it.

only just got the hang of posting pics.

I do have a set of allspeed copies, made by gibsons, for my bike, but I just love the sound of the piper. especially through Southwick tunnel on the A27:JB

And no, it doesn't choke the bike. It will rev out in all gears.

"A pair"

of Allspeeds?

Shirley you mean three - or am i mishtaken? (Never had a stroker myself - 400/4 - 10,000 revs!)

I do think 2-stroke tech is ignored unfairly these days. I 'spose emissions are the problem.

A

The first one looks nice. :thumb2

of Allspeeds?

Shirley you mean three - or am i mishtaken? (Never had a stroker myself - 400/4 - 10,000 revs!)

I do think 2-stroke tech is ignored unfairly these days. I 'spose emissions are the problem.

A

:blast Shhh....it was a cock up , which is allowed last thing at night.. :augie

This was what the purple one looked like when we got it.frankie1.jpg

It was going to be broken up and used as a donor bike for a project. We got it for my missus to ride. She is vertically challenged, so the bike had to be lowered by putting different running gear on it. The engine was done by someone, who I think visits this site. Dont know his name on here though. A mate reckoned it was Frankenstiens bike, so the bike was christened Frankenkettle. Not to every ones taste I know, but yah boo sucks. My missus loves her bike, and has done a lot of miles on it, including 2200 miles in 4 days Lands end to John O groats, along with myself on my kettle and three other kettles. Just one broken clutch cable on that trip.....and £750 quids worth of petrol for the two of us!!! Did raise £3500 for cancer relief though

I had a 1975 A model and the swapped it for a 72 J model, the original but had to go in the 80's (kids) still have the number plate as it ended in 1K on the car.

Took our 72 model around europe, one day I might be able to afford another one.

Teejay

A bit of a grainy picture of the 750J when it was red, it did go through many changes, this was 1978.

2wly62t.jpg

Teejay

A lot of people prefer the J. got a very nice motor in it.....and if the brakes are set up correctly, they work better than the double disc set up..especially in the wet!!!!!!!!!!!!

The brakes on mine were very good after I took them to Ferrodo at Chapel en le Frith Competion dept, they fitted green racing linings, machined them to fit perfectly in the drums, and they lasted for years. This was few years ago probably closed now.

Teejay

I've got a 1976 A model with genuine Allspeeds. It's in pretty good condition but needs some work and I will be getting the spannies rechromed.

Its never going to steer like a modern bike but my handling hinge was sorted with some Hagon shocks and BT45 tyres. I've kept the (rock hard under damped) originals safe as they are getting rare.

Bombardier (who own Rotax and KTM) produce a direct injected 800cc 2 stroke twin for their their Skidoo that beats all the latest USA EPA emissions rules, uses a claimed 37% less fuel than the competition and makes 155bhp!! http://www.sae.org/mags/aei/power/8157

We should be told why KTM have not put one into a bike.

19mpg (US) is pretty good for a snowmobile and DI = no part throttle hunting, no clanking on overrun no oil smoke and never having to the change the sump oil ever again. 450km/litre of oil is a bit high but some DI 2 strokes claim to use no more oil over a service interval than a 4 stroke. Perfect for the third world where oil often gets tipped into the soil or local river.

Back
Top Bottom