urgent plea

watts

Reaction score
Hi all, this is a last ditch SOS in the hope someone out there might be able to help. Myself and two friends are cycling through France for charity leaving this Sunday (16th sept), returning Tuesday 25th sept. Everything is booked and paid for but our driver has pulled out. We desperately need someone to drive the car between stages, all hotels, ferry and car hire will be paid for (by us, not the charity) so it wont cost you a penny apart from your food and drink. My friend lost his wife to cancer a couple of years ago and I had testicular cancer last year, we just wanted to raise some money for our local cancer hospice, try and put something back
I'm trying everything to find someone, we're aged 30-55, a nice group of lads, it's essentially a free holiday for the driver.
My just giving page is http://www.justgiving.com/Che-Dixon1 which has a little more info but please DON'T anyone donate as without a driver it's not possible to do it. I know this sounds crazy and I doubt we'll find anyone at such short notice, just recent events have shown maybe us petrol heads can help each other.
My email is che.dixon@ntlworld.com, I check it regularly so if you are interested in more info or maybe able to help please drop me a mail,
Thanks

It's the 14th, I'm on a motorbike on the french riveria. I was planning to go to lyon tomorrow. If you get no other offers I could meet you in France, by travelling between Sat Morn and Sun north. Could dump my bike somewhere safe? and drive you perhaps? Anyone in North France near the ports with a safe place to leave a bike? How fixed are your plans? Can they be delayed a day, whilst I travel North? Can you bring the car and the bikes over etc?

Paul 57yrs retired nothing better to do!

Hi, thanks for your reply, it's Che here, managed to find the site eventually lol. We may have a driver for half of the trip but she needs to go back to the uk weds/Thursday which would leave us somewhere near Dijon way. I've replied to your email but if your still interested it could work out really well? I've left my number in the email, hopefully you could help, many thanks, Che

I'm really sorry, the hire cars fallen through now and with great regret were postponing the ride until next spring. There just has been too many issues to overcome. Really sorry to mess you all around
Thank you to everyone who helped, reposted, contributed and enquired.
Gutted :(
Might hang around on the forum going forward if that's ok, always fancied a GS so who knows what the future may bring.
Kind regards
Che

I'm really sorry, the hire cars fallen through now and with great regret were postponing the ride until next spring. There just has been too many issues to overcome. Really sorry to mess you all around
Thank you to everyone who helped, reposted, contributed and enquired.
Gutted :(
Might hang around on the forum going forward if that's ok, always fancied a GS so who knows what the future may bring.
Kind regards
Che

Sorry to hear that. I've been on my 1150 in France since the 2nd November and camping. I have to say, I've been reflecting on how good the bike is both carrying all my gear, and weaving around the mountain hairpins. I'm having a whale of a time. I genuinely don't know another bike that is so versatile. It's a keeper!

Back
Top Bottom