Anyone able to check an 1150RT in Bridgwater, Somerset

gabriel_gs

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Same deal as before really - Could anyone look over a second-hand RT for me?

Just want to know it's not a rust bucket, starts, runs and has appropriate paperwork for servicing/work done.

Muchos grassy-arse :thumb

Same deal as before really - Could anyone look over a second-hand RT for me?

Just want to know it's not a rust bucket, starts, runs and has appropriate paperwork for servicing/work done.

Muchos grassy-arse :thumb

PM Trippy, he works there:D

Eugene, I went along and saw Tony and the RT. The guy seems quite genuine, 60's, obviously been around bikes for a few years and owned quite a few by the sounds of it. Say's he has done very few miles on this as he hoped his wife would get into touring but she's not really interested. Beleive he advertised it for £3750, know you would get it for £3500 and I think I would be tempted to offer about £3250. Its a low mileage bike and at £3500 or below I would have thought a good buy. All the paperwork seem in order and there is some service history stamped up. Advisory on the front tyre on the last MOT and it needs one. Back is about half worn.

He has all the BMW paperwork and little manuals, some old MOT's and the V5 looks fine.

Looks tidy enough but if I bought it I think I would have all the plastic off one weekend and give it a proper clean. Some of the nuts, bolts and brake fittings have surface rust but nothing a wire brush and bit of grease wouldn't sort out. Centre stand would benefit from a bit of black spray paint. The exhaust headers could do with a clean but nothing terrible. Usual small amount of corrosion on the forks. The cylinders are good with no corrosion and all the paint work is very good except a small scuff on and below the right hand mirror. There is a small nick in the riders seat fabric.

Givi screen fitted and he is replacing the fitted top box with the BMW one.

The bike started fine, however it was warm when I got there and Tony said he had just run it up as it hadn't been started for a few weeks. Sounds fine, no rattles, couldn't quite tell if there was a bit of an exhaust blow, I don't think so but its been a while since I have heard an RT running. Ticks over fine, maybe a little bit lumpy.

RT038.jpg

RT033.jpg

RT014.jpg

RT005.jpg

RT039.jpg

RT031.jpg

RT026.jpg

RT006.jpg

RT001.jpg

RT009.jpg

RT013.jpg

RT017.jpg

RT021.jpg

RT035.jpg

RT043.jpg

RT002.jpg

RT020.jpg

RT016.jpg

RT029.jpg

RT012.jpg

RT008.jpg

RT037.jpg

RT028.jpg

RT019.jpg

RT007.jpg

RT036.jpg

RT027.jpg

RT018.jpg

RT010.jpg

RT022.jpg

RT011.jpg

Hope this helps.

Jim

Bloody brilliant - thanks so much Jim!

Deposit paid - I pick it up in a couple of weekends' time :JB

Make sure you send me your address so I can arrange a 'thank you'

:beerjug::thumb2 :bow

I know who I'm going to ask if I'm ever on the lookout for another bike :) excellent review and pics.

Uncommonly kind.

Truly awesome. Thank you mate

:bow:bow:bow

I'll make sure I 'pay it forward'

That's a pretty good turn you have done for someone there Trippy. Well done that man! :clap :thumb2

Bloody brilliant - thanks so much Jim!

Deposit paid - I pick it up in a couple of weekends' time :JB

Make sure you send me your address so I can arrange a 'thank you'

:beerjug::thumb2 :bow

Welcome to the club. You will now start to grow a white beard and stink of piss.:eek:

Nice one, enjoy the bike! :thumb

P.S, when you collecting? would be an excuse for a ride out and a coffee, i'm near Bradford on Avon.

PPS. I'm after a top box incase you cant make use of your one!:D

I'll be getting the train down from Chertsey (Surrey) on sat 20th

Probably pootle back on the A303 - certainly up for a coffee and a natter en-route!

Thanks again Trippy!

Picked the bike up today - it's a cracker!

Looking forward to getting some miles on her!

First commute into town today - doesn't feel as 'big' as I thought it would - it's more that I need to get used to the shape of it for filtering.

Loving he adjustable screen - I can keep my visor open the whole time and stay 'bug-in-the-eye' free!

Radio on its way too!

Welcome to the club. You will now start to grow a white beard and stink of piss.:eek:

Nice one, enjoy the bike! :thumb

P.S, when you collecting? would be an excuse for a ride out and a coffee, i'm near Bradford on Avon.

PPS. I'm after a top box incase you cant make use of your one!:D

Doh! Forgot to look you up!

:blast

Back
Top Bottom