Xmas List

Jarv

Reaction score
To all those collectors/users of all things cool and desirable could you help me out in writing my Christmas list?

Dear Santa.....

Arai Tour X (but it leaks)
GPS (or a set of maps)
Leather waste coat (for whatton)
Good ally boxes (plastic ones are crap)
Touratech frame stiffners (stop the weak frames)
Large 41 litre tank (RTW)
Ohlins suspension (mine are shagged)

I could go on but I won't....

*instant hijack*

i'd settle for some birthday suggestions for my Wife!
Her Birthday on monday / up to my ears in work, tomorrow and sunday...so.....its got to be got TODAY!!:hpbirthda me arse!..more like; :yikes :help
after 20 odd years it gets harder each year.
i mean thinking of presents!

i now return you to the original thread..apologies for any inconvenience.
Og

just noticed..

I should be in Ireland but according to Ryan air its too foggy

ah FFS!...wot next - cancelled due to leaves on the runway?
my sympathy.
Og

Continental TKC tyres,

And to OG it was actually fairly foggy over here and the plane landed in another airport so I'm not to upset/disapointed. Hope it all works out tomorrow as I have things to do and pints to drink...

And if you can't think of anything FLOWERS always work...

Richie's got most of it covered:

Garmin StreetPilot 2610, with 1GB CF card

Decent Shocks (I personally will be hoping that Santa has a set of Hyperpro progressive shocks for me, but as I hate Christmas, he is more likely to leave me reindeer droppings).

Ally cases. Standard BMW bags are an awkward shape, and can't be used as camping table.

Decent saddle (let's not argue about which one, just use the search function)

Power Commander (not out yet, but it will be).

If Santa's feeling really flush, you could look at carbon fibre goodies, to reduce weight.

richie said:
Save searching the link to hyperpro is www.Hyperpro.com

but how much does a pair cost for an 1100. The site does not say....

Off the top of my head, in the 1100 - 1500 euro region, depending upon spec. 1100 would get you front and rear, with front and rear adjustable for rebound only.
1500 would get you front and rear, with front adjustable for rebound and compression, and rear adjustable for rebound and compression, with a hydraulic preload adjuster. I think they work out slightly cheaper than Ohlins, but there's not that much in it.

You can also just get a pair of springs, if your shocks are not too knackered. 300 euros a pair, if I recall correctly. The Dutch GSers are very enthusiastic about them (Hyperpro are a Dutch company). The progressive springs are supposed to be the dog's masculinity.

Thanks Dave,,

HMMM Ibook or Hyperpro
Ibook or Hyperpro
Ibook or Hyperpro
Ibook or Hyperpro
Ibook or Hyperpro
Ibook or Hyperpro
Ibook or Hyperpro
Ibook or Hyperpro
Ibook or Hyperpro
Ibook or Hyperpro
ibook ibook ibook ibook

Ah Christmas

xmas list

I want the updated Haynes 4-valve twins book. (now covers 1150+GS models)

They had a copy at the NEC, but no stock left.

Not that it'll ever get any serious use, i'll just get it grubby and leave it lying around somewhere.

A quest and the TT mount would be nice but the missus won't go that far.

in no particular order:

a 2610

pair zega panniers (full of ayrtons please :D )

some sunshine

a heliboarding trip to canada

a dodge ram v10

someone to clean my bikes for me forever

a pair of ricky bars

I can't believe it.........Christmas seems to have come early for me.

F&R Hyperpro's

3f_1_b.JPG

f6_1_b.JPG

£160 for the pair.....:D <1000kms on them & immaculate condition. No hydraulic preload adjuster, but I never need to alter the preload once I've found a good setting. The main features I'm looking forward to are the separate high/low speed damping adjusters on the rear & having some damping adjustment on the front instead of just preload.

richie said:
Kin ell Paul, good buy where did you find them... I'l give you £200, thats an easy 40 profit..... Not bad:D

why not get an ohlins rebuilt ..not that expensive and it will leave them like new.

plr

my mate left a set of forks and a rear shock for a gsxr600 up with him today. £90 for the rear complete rebuild with new valves and seals so my guess would be that £180 would have you a new feelin' bike :D

TUNED IN said:
why not get an ohlins rebuilt ..not that expensive and it will leave them like new.

Yeah, but you've gotta buy the Ohlins...... £500+ secondhand, usually.

Back
Top Bottom