2013 New Aqua 1200GS - Price?

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So where will it be pitched??

I reckon fully loaded, with all the toys it will be £15-16k

Place your bets:D

that's current GSA territory, so i don't think it will be that much.

no more than £500 over the cost of a GS now i reckon.

that's current GSA territory, so i don't think it will be that much.

no more than £500 over the cost of a GS now i reckon.

Really...............

I think the Base price will be c. £12k...............then everything 'ex-works':blast

Current 12GS is about £10 ish...............bare, but don't forget ABS is now mandatory, so will add at least £750, if not £1000 to the base cost

Perhaps they won't make a GSA now, or if they do they will just add the single seat/spoke option as seen in some the pics - perhaps a GSA model makes no sense now, just dilutes the GS brand and adds weight

well, i did forget the standard ABS, and it is the thick end of £1K IIRC. i got caught out by that when i bought mine, but i think they'll absorb most of that.

no GSA, as such, but a massive options list, might work :nenau

well, i did forget the standard ABS, but i think they'll absorb most of that.

Really.........................very unBMW like:augie

Doubt it, not when they can see a premium for the Adv class leader................they'll milk it all the way to the bank, all that R&D has to paid for somehow

I was in a BMW dealers yesterday and the new 600cc Scooter was about £10500 for the GT version and more for the posher one..............over 5 figures for a scooter, madness:blast

well, i did forget the standard ABS, and it is the thick end of £1K IIRC. i got caught out by that when i bought mine, but i think they'll absorb most of that.

no GSA, as such, but a massive options list, might work :nenau

Spooky :eek: See the post I just put up.................

FWIW I think JB is pretty much on the money.

Andres

Really.........................very unBMW like:augie

Doubt it, not when they can see a premium for the Adv class leader................they'll milk all the way to the bank

I was in a BMW dealers yesterday and the new 600cc Scooter was about £10500 for the GT version and more for the posher one..............over 5 figures for a scooter, madness:blast

they haven't milked it in the past, have they?

prices didn't go up when the pound collapsed, and the GS is much cheaper than the MonkeySpanker.

they haven't milked it in the past, have they?

prices didn't go up when the pound collapsed, and the GS is much cheaper than the MonkeySpanker.

I was thinking worldwide, overall

There will always be vagaries in certain markets, but the GS is BMW's 'cash cow' which pays and supports a lot of other models in the range - so they need to capitalise on their best selling product in a investment return v market competitive........... sort of way

I was thinking worldwide, overall

There will always be vagaries in certain markets, but the GS is BMW's 'cash cow' which pays and supports a lot of other models in the range - so they need to capitalise on their best selling product in a investment return v market competitive........... sort of way

You could look at it the other way - because it is a high volume seller they can price it more competitively against it's competition.

It might be priced as little as a £100 more than the "LIST" price of the outgoing model. And you'll likely get a big discount or all the extras on the outgoing model, so you want notice any actual price rise as such, just a price differential between the outgoing and new model, and then only those who purchase the old model will see it in black and white.

I'd guess £12K-£12.5K

Having just popped into my local Honda/Yamaha dealers

1200 Super Tenere fully loaded just under 13k

Honda Crosstourer roughly the same 12.5k but not sure on the goodies.

So it may be a BMW but they will be struggling to move numbers past 13.5k for a fully loaded standard bike IMHO

Blimey Johnny, you're giving this new WC 1200 some thought matey.....on your bucket list ??

About £11500 for a basic one with the mandatory abs.

Blimey Johnny, you're giving this new WC 1200 some thought matey.....on your bucket list ??

My Thoughts too but I reckon he will go for the Classic twin cam in white /sand rover GSA the last of the Classic proper BMW GS's:D:beerjug::augie You are really into this Johnny !!

When Land Rover dropped the old P38 Range Rover and introduced the L322 the difference between the outgoing and incoming car was £5

Dealer sales manager I was speaking to today estimated £15K fully loaded and around another £2k if and when the GSA arrives.

17k........ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ....:pissl:pissl:pissl:chickendance:chickendance

The last GS was £11,750 (IIRC) out of the crate.
Add the 2 packs at around £2,300 and you're nearly at £14K so can' see the new one being cheaper especially as you've now got other extras like cruise to pay for.

Back
Top Bottom