Who's ordered one then?

Nutty

Reaction score
All this talk of the new WC1200, so who on here has actually put a deposit down on one?:augie

WC12RGS.jpg

WC12GSA.jpg

DVLA haven't updated to the 2013 model yet....

Not me either. I might consider the Adventure model if it's offered in the future and if the new design proves to be reasonably reliable.

I would love to upgrade when the new Adventure model comes out but sadly I think it will be priced way out of my league

With rumours of a £15k basic price with another couple of grand to spec it up there's no way I could stretch to that.

Shame but I'm sure they'll still sell shed loads

I dont see the point in buying a w/c for myself. When I bought my 2011 GSA, I wanted it to be my ultimate bike so I added the premium and dynamic packs and bought the full BM luggage. I have added a few other items such as Sargent seat, ally tool box and headlight protector. It does everything (and more) than I need it to do, has a lot of charecter and is very enjoyable to ride.

So why change, and in the process lose a lot of money in depreciation?:nenau

You should all do it - it's a really good idea

All of you should buy the new bike. It's looks fabulous and well worth however much of your money it costs.
Then the used market will be flooded with bargain price recent model cast-offs. If they're really cheap, I might even upgrade to a twin cam, although I don't really need to.
I think some Ancient Greek philosopher said "the secret of happiness is not in having a new watercooled R1250GS, but in not wanting one", although I am not sure he used those exact words

All of you should buy the new bike. It's looks fabulous and well worth however much of your money it costs.
Then the used market will be flooded with bargain price recent model cast-offs. If they're really cheap, I might even upgrade to a twin cam, although I don't really need to.
I think some Ancient Greek philosopher said "the secret of happiness is not in having a new watercooled R1250GS, but in not wanting one", although I am not sure he used those exact words

The secret to happiness is about enjoying stuff without becoming attached to it - it's not about satisfying 'a want' but just about enjoying 'good stuff' for what it is.

If I can't have one then I will still enjoy my twin-cam, I won't suddenly become unhappy.

True....

The secret to happiness is about enjoying stuff without becoming attached to it - it's not about satisfying 'a want' but just about enjoying 'good stuff' for what it is.

If I can't have one then I will still enjoy my twin-cam, I won't suddenly become unhappy.

That's a good philosophy. But if you do get a 1250, can I have first dibs on your old bike dirt cheap, please? ;)

That's a good philosophy. But if you do get a 1250, can I have first dibs on your old bike dirt cheap, please? ;)

OK my dealer will get first dibbs if the trade in price is right, otherwise keep in touch.

P.S. the new one is not a 1250 it is still called an R1200GS and the capacity is still 1170cc.

Back
Top Bottom