T5?

ahutcheon

Reaction score
What's the view on a T5 (1984)? Does the 16" front wheel spoil the Guzzi big twin handling?

I'd love a T3 with wire wheels and the round barrel engine, but the T5 is for sale locally.

According to various sources,the handling is compromised but you can fit the proper size wheel in the forks.

do you own a boat ??? this will make a brilliant anchor !

rule 1 get what you want .

rule 2 there is no such thing as a cheap guzzi .

rule 3 don't buy something that has problems . ( see rule 2 )

Thanks for the advice. The ugly problem was pretty serious even before having to look for parts to fit the wheel Guzzi should have done in the first place.

I don't want a T3 badly enough to ship one to NZ, but I was rather fond of a Convert years ago and (for me) the gearbox wasn't the best part...

There's a race-converted 1000SP down the road in Invercargill (home of the World's Fastest Indian) that claims to still be road legal, but I'm not sure whether it looks lovely or horrible (pretty sure it looks uncomfortable)

There's a race-converted 1000SP down the road in Invercargill (home of the World's Fastest Indian) that claims to still be road legal, but I'm not sure whether it looks lovely or horrible (pretty sure it looks uncomfortable)

I think I like it and the price is looking good so far :)

Whilst there's a lot of scope to improve it's looks I think just replacing the seat unit would be the biggest improvement and, if I were gonna go with the cafe racer looks I'd probably replace the tank and side panels with Lemans type ones.

Andres

Back
Top Bottom