Givi Trekker 46ltr Top Box

Banzai600

Reaction score
With the new Super 10 I collected yesterday I had ordered a GIVI top box.

Knowing GIVI are failry decent quality, I was more surprised with how good the box actually was. I had bused it to town so had to carry boots and some gear. When I was leaving with the bike I had to put the original SEAT, ( i got a low one fitted ) runners anbd a fleece into the back box with room to spare. Top job.

Lock fitting seems v secure and they even have new side catches on the box which clip open. Pretty cool enhancement.

Heading on a bigg-ish trip two-up this weekend so will see how much it will hold.

Will kit out with side boxes at a later date.

cases.jpg

Same here been thinking of this of the 33ltr as the 46 looks a bit big for me, be interested to know if it affects the handling at all.

I put a 46 trekker on my CT and love it.

Had a great experience with my V46 on a v strom years ago so am happy enough.

The 55 just looks plain silly and way out of proportion to any bike so glad I plumper for the 46.

Btw got 2x46s for the sides too

The 46ltr is a perfect size imo. The 33 is just too smal and as V4TRV says the bigger one is just too big.,I reckon GIVI got it right with this box.

I had a 40 odd ltr top box on my old Honda CBF. Although it was apt for what i needed, having the GIVI its just miles better.

As the GIVI isnt as flimsy, it feels tough and feels quality.

Like V4TRV, i will get two Trekker side cases but 33ltrs will be enough for me.

This is a pic when i picked it up yesterday, I will thow up some better ones.

The rubber back rest is an extra...(my only gripe) but its soft enough to work for the pillion.

s10aa_zpsbea645e5.jpg
[/IMG]

Givi Trekker 46l Top Box with 33l panniers look good IMHO. The Top Box is big enough, but not too big to create handling problems. It will easily take ONE full face helmet, but not 2.

The panniers are 33l of usable space.

Unfortunately there is an Achilles Heel. I am now on my second T/B and set of panniers which all leaked very badly. The 2nd T/B has been OK in the rain but still leaks when washed with a hose pipe...so if you do this, empty the box first.

I would recommend fully waterproof inner bags with the panniers....not the Givi Trekker ones. My second set still leaked to an unacceptable degree. When parked on tour with the bike on the side stand during a VERY HEAVY storm I got an eggcup of water in the right replacement pannier and a good beaker full in the left. It appears that there is a drainage hole but the sidestand angle takes the water away from it on the left side......maybe I should have parked on the centre stand. Again the panniers were returned to Givi and they returned with new seals and 2 extra clamps (see photo) on each pannier to further compress the seal. This seams to work and the extra clamps appear to be made for the Givi Trekker panniers. If this is true, they are aware of the problem, but the extra clamps are still not a standard fitting on the panniers.

My quick release pannier rails (PLR367) are now back at Givi after one of the the attachment mechanisms failed.....but that another story.

I really rated Givi until I got this luggage set, although the importers appear to be doing their best to put things right.

Mike

Attachments

• 17a Super ukgser.jpg
    17a Super ukgser.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 3,205
  • NEW CLASPS ON TREKKER PANNIERS ukgser.jpg
    NEW CLASPS ON TREKKER PANNIERS ukgser.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 2,749
Interesting report, i will check to see if the extra clamps are now standard fit on new ones, i too have had a few issues with Givi, mainly badly welded or incorrectly frames

Givi Trekker 46l Top Box with 33l panniers look good IMHO. The Top Box is big enough, but not too big to create handling problems. It will easily take ONE full face helmet, but not 2.

The panniers are 33l of usable space.

Unfortunately there is an Achilles Heel. I am now on my second T/B and set of panniers which all leaked very badly. The 2nd T/B has been OK in the rain but still leaks when washed with a hose pipe...so if you do this, empty the box first.

I would recommend fully waterproof inner bags with the panniers....not the Givi Trekker ones. My second set still leaked to an unacceptable degree. When parked on tour with the bike on the side stand during a VERY HEAVY storm I got an eggcup of water in the right replacement pannier and a good beaker full in the left. It appears that there is a drainage hole but the sidestand angle takes the water away from it on the left side......maybe I should have parked on the centre stand. Again the panniers were returned to Givi and they returned with new seals and 2 extra clamps (see photo) on each pannier to further compress the seal. This seams to work and the extra clamps appear to be made for the Givi Trekker panniers. If this is true, they are aware of the problem, but the extra clamps are still not a standard fitting on the panniers.

My quick release pannier rails (PLR367) are now back at Givi after one of the the attachment mechanisms failed.....but that another story.

I really rated Givi until I got this luggage set, although the importers appear to be doing their best to put things right.

Mike

see my response below, tkls for posting... Any chance of a back shot of the bike with the panniers if you can, I just wanna see how they look etc.

Love the white colour btw :thumb

Interesting report, i will check to see if the extra clamps are now standard fit on new ones, i too have had a few issues with Givi, mainly badly welded or incorrectly frames

The dealer confirmed my box was the newest version when I collected the bike on Tues. I reckon the side clamps arre and upgrade - to stop the leakage. I will know soon enough but I reckon I am right.....

Re space, its perfect :cool:

s10c_zps62551810.jpg
[/IMG]

s10b_zpse1d0880e.jpg
[/IMG]

As requested, picture of panniers from behind and front so you can see the width.

Mike

Attachments

• 2 New Bike Email NO PLATE.JPG
    2 New Bike Email NO PLATE.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 7,747
  • 11a Yamaha Tenere 1200 10 May 2012 003a email.jpg
    11a Yamaha Tenere 1200 10 May 2012 003a email.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 2,548
forgot to say that as well as the back rest I also fitted a top rack. Only really cos i liked the look of it :D

As for leakage I have no idea as im generally not out in the rain and i definitely dont have any clamps like those ones in the pic though and mine only arrived a couple of weeks agp after the Givi factory shut down in Aug so id assume they would be recent enough.

I have a 46ltr on my Gs look's good and never leaked and can cram load's of gear init:thumb

Had Givi V35's on a sportsbike and put them through some good wet weather testing with no problems, had read about issues with Trekkers regarding leaking and hinge pins falling out so paid a bit more for SW Motech Trax.

Generally they are very good and do not leak, I even blast them clean with the Jetwash and nothing gets in, more here including pictures.

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306094

You can mix and match 37 / 45, I went with one of each which keeps width the same both sides. Top box is 38L, more than enough for what I tend to carry and it holds a lid + a few other bits so handy for a run into town.

I have since added the carry handles, this makes it convenient to throw them on and off the bike and lug them around the garage, and on longer trips when stopping a few days in one place I will probably ditch the inner bags and carry the panniers inside.

Back
Top Bottom