New Trophy?

I saw 2 at the intermot show, a standard and an SE. I can't say I was impressed because I wasn't, nothing really stands out for me and I thought expensive (at least in Germany), 18000 Euros for the standard and a whopping 19000 Euros for the SE model and that doe's not include top box and the heated seats. Not enough thought has gone into the switches and layout of the buttons as well. Just my 2p worth.

Mike

I think you need to ride one to appreciate it. I wasn't that interested in how the bike looked, but after a weekend of riding I was blown away, and it even seemed more exciting to look at. I owned an R1100RT for a year, and have briefly ridden a R1200rt... I'd go for the triumph by a wide margin. Definitely worth a test ride if you are leaning in that direction.

Thanks for the info, got my test ride this weekend looking forward to what looks like a cracking bike :beerjug:

The German Motorcycle press seem to like Triumphs - and the Trophy has just gleaned one of the highest test scores ever in Motorrad magazine. The scoring system really does favour the all-round machine and the BMW Tourers traditionally benefit from the marking schema. If my memory serves me correctly the score would have equaled the K1300GT, and therefore lie somewhere between the K16 and the RT.

Had a look at one today. It's a big old bus. More buttons on the bars than my tv remote. I did resist the urge to take it for a run. Only just.
There are a lot of neat touches such as heated seats and the radio. I did think the front fairing invited stones into the huge radiator tho

"after a weekend of riding I was blown away - I owned an R1100RT for a year, and have briefly ridden a R1200rt... I'd go for the triumph by a wide margin"
Well that sounds encouraging at least...

Well I don't like the look of it at all.
But if Triumph can offer 3 things that seem to be completely beyond BMW Motorrad, reliability, build quality and customer service I'll certainly be seriously considering one of these as an option when the RT's due to be changed.

Well I don't like the look of it at all.
But if Triumph can offer 3 things that seem to be completely beyond BMW Motorrad, reliability, build quality and customer service I'll certainly be seriously considering one of these as an option when the RT's due to be changed.

Triumph are clueless when it comes to customer service and their build quality is not a patch on their earlier bikes pre 2003. The warranty department at the factory are a joke and don't have a very good reputation.

Triumph are clueless when it comes to customer service and their build quality is not a patch on their earlier bikes pre 2003. The warranty department at the factory are a joke and don't have a very good reputation.

Its not only BMW designs they copy then?

Oh dear, that doesn't make for very pretty reading.
Anybody got any ideas when Honda are likely to drag the Pan European into the 21st century?

:topic I know, but tenuously relevant perhaps?

Oh dear, that doesn't make for very pretty reading.
Anybody got any ideas when Honda are likely to drag the Pan European into the 21st century?

:topic I know, but tenuously relevant perhaps?

It won't be 2013, so you are looking at 2014 at the earliest. The first Pan had a 12 year run before the current one replaced it in 2002 so if Honda are sticking with a 12 year production run then 2014 could be a good bet.

I Totally disagree with the above. I have had 5 Triumphs, in the last few years, (955 Speed Triple bought second hand, 1050 Sprint ABS bought new, Daytona 675 SE bought new, Tiger 1050 bought second hand and a 1200 Explorer bought new)

All have been well built and reliable with the exception of the speed triple. The regulator burnt out, taking the wiring loom with it, the bike was 4 years old and bought privately second hand, my local dealer collected the bike, did the repairs and delivered it back home, the bill, don't worry about that sir, we'll claim it back from Triumph.

I never got that service from BMW.

Andrew

I heard via the press (I know :nenau) that Honda had a new Pan ready but stopped it after the launch on the BMW GT16...like I say it was a press article:pullface

One thing for sure when big H do launch a new Pan is will be very nice. Once bought a brand new ST1100 Lapis blue, one of the best bikes I ever owned :bounce1

TD
:type

I Totally disagree with the above. I have had 5 Triumphs, in the last few years, (955 Speed Triple bought second hand, 1050 Sprint ABS bought new, Daytona 675 SE bought new, Tiger 1050 bought second hand and a 1200 Explorer bought new)

All have been well built and reliable with the exception of the speed triple. The regulator burnt out, taking the wiring loom with it, the bike was 4 years old and bought privately second hand, my local dealer collected the bike, did the repairs and delivered it back home, the bill, don't worry about that sir, we'll claim it back from Triumph.

I never got that service from BMW.

Andrew

Wow that's incredible .... I never got that level of service from my local Triumph dealer even after spending £12k on a brand new Rocket III. That would always piss the contents of its oil tank all over the floor wherever it was parked, just like some excited 350kg puppy :mad:

I think you should name & shame the dealership as this clearly isn't the kind of reputation Triumph dealers tend to generate :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom