1400 GTR

I quite like the look of these so, unless you've already done it what are you likes and dislikes about it? Have you done any long runs on it yet?

Anyone would think I swap and change my bikes a lot :rolleyes:

Nearly 2 months into ownership... and I still love it .... must be good then :) Most I've done in a day up to now is 120 miles, and really enjoyed it... the panniers will hold a full face helmet both sides , the riding position is really comfy and SWMBO described it as being 'whisked along'

Dislikes? A bit slow cornering, and tends to understeer.... but I'm getting used to that. comfortable, standard screen is crap... got a Calsci Large on it ,and it transformed the bike .....nice to not get buffeted to death on a bike for a change. Mine (09) came with new Michelin PR3's, a full set of new pads, full service history and only 9500 miles on the clock, for 6k ... :cool:

Autocom Pro AVI fitted, Zumo 660 up and running, and I've just added a DAB radio which fits nicely in the tank storage compartment, wired into the Autocom...

It's got plenty of range on a tank full as well ( well over 200 miles)

newer ones have traction control ( managed for years without it so won't miss it now) and a re-designed fairing to deflect heat from your legs ( handy in this climate )

Only thing I miss about the Explorer is that it was more flickable , and the cruise control was handy. Well pleased I changed ;)

No bang up to date pics but this will give an idea... it's even cleaner up close and personal :Motomartin

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

Daft question?

Am really tempted to get one of these Bryn. How do you find the mirrors? I believe they raised them from the 2010 models on?

Am really tempted to get one of these Bryn. How do you find the mirrors? I believe they raised them from the 2010 models on?

I'm 5'9 and a bit, and I find the mirrors fine... the issue is that the panniers obstruct the rear view, but for my size I'd say 10% obstruction only... doesn't bother me ... nice to see the lids are closed using only your eye muscles :D

The mirrors are pretty vibration free at motorway speeds too :augie

Bryn,

Which DAB radio did you get and what is the reception like........I fancy one on my RT and like you would route it through the Autocom.

Thanks.

Bryn,

Which DAB radio did you get and what is the reception like........I fancy one on my RT and like you would route it through the Autocom.

Thanks.

Got this one on the strength of a recommendation from a fellow tosser ( There's a thread on here )

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...y4GQAg&usg=AFQjCNGyIwq5VxHvyNeYu-E3WSRjioFHUQ

Only done about 20 miles with it fitted, but it seems pretty good... dropped out momentarily in one particular village, must be a DAB dead spot....

For £30 I'm happy ... batteries (2x AAA) allegedly last about 10-12 hours

You are getting OLD Bryn!!

I thought you were a "tasty" bike rider. Now you are going to be as pedestrian as me :D

I am still traumatised by scary Rachel :eek:

That's why I ride so slow

I'm 5'9 and a bit, and I find the mirrors fine... the issue is that the panniers obstruct the rear view, but for my size I'd say 10% obstruction only... doesn't bother me ... nice to see the lids are closed using only your eye muscles :D

The mirrors are pretty vibration free at motorway speeds too :augie

Cheers Bryn :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom