World Crosser Kit Now Available

GS Bloke

Reaction score
Hi
I have it on very good authority that since last weekend the World Crosser kit is now available as a separate purchase at RRP £1,500.
Until now this was only available at time of new bike purchase as an upgrade.

I will wait until they sell the bits seperately, some of it I like, other bits seem like an excersize in adding weight and if I wanted ultimate weight I would buy a GSA and everything for it from the Touratwat catalogue:D

Like Rasher I'll wait until there sold seperatly as some bits I like and others I don't. As I've got the matt grey colour I think the World Crosser decals look a treat though.
If I had £1500 I'd use it to replace the Yamaha pannier system as there bloody crap......:mad:

Its a lot of money for the bits / pcs but its not Honda prices :)

I'd like the shaft guard and the fork protectors, that'd be it. But the decal set also. As I have the MATT grey I think the yellow kit would be best not the red.

@ Dave56 See here: http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316771

the givi stuff is great. I think the yam luggage doest get a great word so Ive read. This is why i bought the GIVI.

I think the yam luggage doest get a great word so Ive read

A bit small and fiddly, but does fit neatly, just a shame Yamaha did not put a bit more thought into the catches and made them about the size of un-expanded vario's.

I went with SW-Motech Trax which are over 30% bigger (45L / 37L), generally they are very good except the locks which seem a bit cheap and cheerful - but work OK

Crosser kit ordered.

Seems like you can order the bits individually although they don't show on the Yam UK accessories site. A bit of digging will get their part number off the Yam EU site and your deal can order from the part / article number.

Rod

Interesting as I was told its not possible to get parts separately, will have have a dig about on the EU site as only want the fork protectors and carbon f side panels.

part nos

Some of the part nos from the eu site, couldnt find the main side panels either

Carbon Front Forks Protectors Super Ténéré
Article number:
23P-F15C0-V0-00

Carbon Frame Protectors Super Ténéré
Article number:
23P-F11G0-V0-00

Carbon Exhaust Cover Super Ténéré
Article number:
23P-CEC0-00-00

Skid Plate Extension Kit Super Ténéré
Article number:
23P-F84R0-V0-00

Tank Pad Super Ténéré Worldcrosser
Article number:
23P-F41D0-V0-00

Sticker Set Super Ténéné Worldcrosser
Sticker set - yellow
23P-F17C0-V0-00

Im giving back the red decal kit i got off the dealer here.

They have a yellow coloured set order. He is not sure if Yamaha will split the kit into different parts but worth a try.

I dont think that the red will go with the matt grey.

I will wait until they sell the bits seperately, some of it I like, other bits seem like an excersize in adding weight and if I wanted ultimate weight I would buy a GSA and everything for it from the Touratwat catalogue:D

The Tenere is heavier than the GSA :augie

The Tenere is heavier than the GSA :augie

That will be the BMW official weight which exlcudes any fluids, extra's, options packs, battery, wheels, engine and final drive.

I notice when magazines actually weigh the bikes the Jap stuff comes in a shade over claimed weight and the GS always seems to be 30kg above BMW's claim.

I think the ABS alone adds a fair bit, but a bike with ABS + TC + Comfort Pack will be at least as heavy.....

And there is Oh so much more in the TT catalogue for the well heeled BMW owner :D

That will be the BMW official weight which exlcudes any fluids, extra's, options packs, battery, wheels, engine and final drive.

I notice when magazines actually weigh the bikes the Jap stuff comes in a shade over claimed weight and the GS always seems to be 30kg above BMW's claim.

I think the ABS alone adds a fair bit, but a bike with ABS + TC + Comfort Pack will be at least as heavy.....

And there is Oh so much more in the TT catalogue for the well heeled BMW owner :D

From the relevant websites the GSA has an extra 10 litres of fuel as well.
1200GSA Dimensions / weights
Length 2,240 mm
Width (incl. mirrors) 990 mm
Height (excl. mirrors) 1,525 mm
Seat height, unladen weight 890 / 910 mm
Inner leg curve, unladen weight 1,960 / 2,000 mm
Unladen weight, road ready, fully fueled 256 kg
Dry weight 223 kg
Permitted total weight 475 kg
Payload (with standard equipment) 219 kg
Usable tank volume 33.0 l
Reserve approx. 4.0 l

World Crosser Dimensions
Overall length 2,255 mm
Overall width 980 mm
Overall height 1,410 mm
Seat height 845/870 mm
Wheel base 1,540 mm
Minimum ground clearance 205 mm
Wet weight (including full oil and fuel tank) 261 kg
Fuel tank capacity 23 litres
Oil tank capacity 4.2 litres

Pics of the bits

Hi,

will sort out some better photos but this will give you a gist of the WC bits for the S10.

Attachments

• IMG_1636.jpg
    IMG_1636.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 1,328
  • IMG_1637.jpg
    IMG_1637.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,125
  • IMG_1638.jpg
    IMG_1638.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,087
  • IMG_1639.jpg
    IMG_1639.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,022
  • IMG_1640.jpg
    IMG_1640.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,040
@ rdj00

The decals work well. i actually got a set myself last week in yellow. gotta clean the bije & put em on.

2012-11-17165433-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom