Super Tenere: Just found I've gone over 10,000 miles

Tobers

Reaction score
...and nothing has gone wrong, touch wood etc etc. Great bike. Solid.

Mines also approaching 10K....a trip to Bosnia and a Scottish tour helped!:D

I only have one major issue with it. Every time I ride it I get a flashing warning light after about 200 miles:eek:. The only cure is to stop and put some more liquid in the tank:confused:.........but it's only a temporary fix......the same thing will happen about 200m later!:nenau

Mike

4500 miles here . Gets better and better

Sure something will go wrong soon ...come to think of it that main beam bulb looks about ready to pop !! :eek::thumb

Had mine since feb and managed just over 7000miles of trouble free riding. I just love total reliability. Hopefully it,ll stay that way. :thumb2

Just over 4k in 5 months, but the GS did my last big trip, should hit 10k next year.

A couple of guys stateside have clocked past 50k with no big problems.

Only common thing I have seen is loose spokes, but I think this is mainly folk who ride over boulders regularly (and at speed)

I too have the liquid leak issue, but with me it seems to be every 165-185 miles :nenau and the rear tyre loses all the tread every 4k and those bastards at Yamaha won't pay for either under warranty

I too have the liquid leak issue, but with me it seems to be every 165-185 miles :nenau and the rear tyre loses all the tread every 4k and those bastards at Yamaha won't pay for either under warranty

The liquid issue seems to be an occurring problem with the Super Ten as I seem to be suffering the same - after about 200 miles I just have to stop and have a brew........:thumb

The Guzzi is up to 12,000 miles now and i'd like to be able to say it's been 100% reliable but unfortunately I have had 1 part break ; a £50 bearing failed in the CARC , exactly the same part as in a GS. No other failures.

Now, my question is does that one fault make it an unreliable piece of Italian shit as most people would assume/state or does that means it's pretty much as reliable as a Yam Tenere ?:nenau

I got 12k on my S10 and all is good, apart from the same leaking fluid issue.
By the time my GSA had done that many miles it had had 2 shaft drives, a fork seal, an ABS ECU, a new front brake calliper and a battery.

6350 miles and just the tarnished spoke issue for me. OEM rear tyre did 3800, using an Anakee 2 as not tried before

any serious issues

Well has anyone had a issue with there S10 yet? Mine is pretty solid no problems at apart from corroded spokes , Anyone ?

Back
Top Bottom