Air Freight London to Buenos Aires

NickC

Anybody know of any good/cheap air freight shippers for the above?

British Airways fly direct to BA. Start by contacting their cargo section and they can put you in touch with a variety of recommended agents. As to how cheap it is, the main trick is to get your bike packed so that it takes up as small a volumetric area as possible, as you get charged by greater of weight or area, and it is the area that is the killer. (so take off screen, mirrors, front wheel etc)

Jardine Logistics
647 River Gardens
FELTHAM
TW14 0RB

Can't find the 'phone no. at the moment, but the bloke there that Joe The Celt and I dealt with last year was very helpful.

You'll find chapter and verse on this subject at www.horizonsunlimited.com

Mick :thumb

Hi Nick,
As Mick says Jardine are very good, if you are packing the bike yourself they will charge you for the "dangerous goods cer" about £40 i think.
When you arrive at BA to pick up the bike take 3 photocopys and the orginals of your passport, driving lience, V5 and also your orginal bill of landing a photocopy is no good(try and get this before you leave as or wise you will have to pay for it in BA). Also bring a petrol can theres a petrol station beside customs and a good book as it can take a bit of time. You do not need a carnet customs will give you 3 month visa for the bike (dont lose it like I did :rolleyes: )
but most of all enjoy yourself.
regards
joe

Back
Top Bottom