stainless bolt set

slimpickings

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As I do jobs on my 1150 RT I like to change some of the manky fasteners to new Stainless

Rather than trailing down to the dealers it would be better if I had a few in my garage . You know ..in stock

I have seen loads of fastenings on e bay with wildly differing prices .So I assume wildly different quality
Has any one got any experience of whats good and whats not

Technical section wont let me in , says I'm not authorized:tears

I just use the ebay suppliers that sell individual fasteners. I re-order the most commonly used sizes as my stock dwindles. Any occasional unusual size I get from a local supplier. I've not noticed any difference in quality from the ebay suppliers.

stainless

Can vouch for the Chris Shaw stuff.
I think the quality isn't so much of an issue -more a case of perceived quality implied by the high prices demanded by some sellers....
The level of corrosion resistance is indicated by the 'A' number on the head. I think the higher the number the better. Seem to remember A2 is bog standard stainless and A4 is marine grade.
Stainless is softer than the metal used in some of the standard fasteners and i have heard of it 'stretching' under extreme load, so i was a bit wary of using it on brake disc mountings for example, although plenty do use them.

Back
Top Bottom