I rode one today

SkyGod

What Tyre pressure you running
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Took a customers bike today for new tyres and did about 80 miles on the Ten.

Bloody loved it. After 76000 miles on my 1200 GS it was a breath of fresh air.
So Smoooooth.
Just as steady at 90 as it was 50.
Got me asking myself lots of questions for next bike????????

:thumb2

I assume 90 was on a closed road :)

Km ph!

Here is one on a bit of off roading last year!!

DSC00389.jpg

Good stuff. I routinely sit at 90 on the motorway more by accident than design. It just motors along beautifully at 90 - smooth as anything.

Good stuff. I routinely sit at 90 on the motorway more by accident than design. It just motors along beautifully at 90 - smooth as anything.

Definately smoother than the Twin cam GS, and a lot smoother than my 2008 model that felt quite buzzy and rushed by 90.

A mate just bought an Explorer and tested the Tenere at the same time as the Triumph (the dealer let a new Explorer go for less than an Ex Dem Tenere which surpsrised me, anyway...) , he was amazed at how smooth the Yamaha was, coming from a Jap four owner I thought that was quite a compliment.

If Yamaha had not priced the Tenere so high I think many more would have been sold - there is a nice 150 miler in the wonderful white at Blade in Swindon if anyone wants a bargain.

If my S10 is representative of the bike then an indicated 90 was significantly below that speed in real money. According to my Garmin, the speedo is very optimistic.

If my S10 is representative of the bike then an indicated 90 was significantly below that speed in real money. According to my Garmin, the speedo is very optimistic.

My GS was about 6% out according the the Garmin (7% when tyre almost worn out) and the Tenere is showing 7% out, my ZZR was also about 7% out.

My car is only 5% out, which seems to be pretty good as speedo's go, but if your expecting bang on accuracy your gonna be dissapointed with any vehicle.

Tyres (of the recomended size) can vary quite a bit from one make / brand to another, and the wear from @ 5-6mm of tread down to 1-2mm will make around a 1% difference so it is probably possible with the right (wrong) tyre near end of life to be 8-9% out.

If it bothers anyone that much they can always fit a speedo-healer and get it set spot-on.

Back
Top Bottom