New GS Footrests

gsman1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Went to show on Saturday to see new GS, looks great but for foot rest positions.
Anyone else notice if you we're to you ride with balls of feet on footrests,your left foot is behind centre stand, between centre stand and swinging arm, could get caught if you need to get foot down quickly.Also right foot heel resting on exhaust heat shield and that's before you are wearing your riding boots. Also when stood up I.e. off road if not carefully your heel is pressing the centre stand down as again a third of your foots length is behind centre stand, between centre stand and shaft drive.
Thought this might be adjustable footrests but standard ones were same.:rob

Foot Rests(me too)

Went to show on Saturday to see new GS, looks great but for foot rest positions.
Anyone else notice if you we're to you ride with balls of feet on footrests,your left foot is behind centre stand, between centre stand and swinging arm, could get caught if you need to get foot down quickly.Also right foot heel resting on exhaust heat shield and that's before you are wearing your riding boots. Also when stood up I.e. off road if not carefully your heel is pressing the centre stand down as again a third of your foots length is behind centre stand, between centre stand and shaft drive.

I found the same and only size 10's, mentioned it to one of the staff and he had heard the same comment from a fair number of people, those German testers must have size 5's:D

I found the same and only size 10's, mentioned it to one of the staff and he had heard the same comment from a fair number of people, those German testers must have size 5's:D

Oh dear.:blast Lets hope they focus on sorting this before launch, rather than spending all their time working out how much to charge for the bike.:rob

Two of us also been to the show today and thought exactly that,it needs sorting.:rob:rob

How big are your feet....? :nenau

Size 10.
I mentioned it to a few of staff they said they would pass it , yeh yeh I bet. Five mates all with GS's currently all said same!!!!!!! So much for millions of miles and five years in development.Someone has put ingested on this site, look at some of those even with foot quite far forward on foot pegs his heel is still fouling the centre stand.

I noticed if you were to ride with your big toe on the rear section of the footrest, with a boot that had a sole 2.9mm thick plus a 1.6mm leather boot with internal zip and a velcro strap the problem was slightly worse, unless you wear a thinner sock:rolleyes:

On my current 12, when I'm standing on the pegs, the back of my foot touches the stand, so this is nothing new.:rolleyes::D

Here we are on the new GS,size 9's and not quite on the balls of me feet.
So the foot would go further back still,it doesn't show on the pic but with larger feet your foot could get stuck or interfere with the centre stand as there is a shoe width gap between the centre stand and frame.
Mts

i noticed it and its the first thing thats goin in the bin :D also the finish on the wheels and exhaust looks like christmas wrapping paper, very blingy

Oh dear

Glad I ordered a gsa and not waited for the WC. Just can't cope with will the recalls on a long trip :augie

I too noticed the footrest problem. I normally ride with my instep on the peg but it was the fact that a good third of my foot dangled off the end. I'm used to Migsels on my 1100 but don't remember the originals being like this.

With the Touratech side stand enlarger on my current bike, the back of my foot moves the stand down at least an inch when I'm standing on the pegs, so I'm now happy that this is nothing new:blagblah

Back
Top Bottom