FFS!!!!!

Flying banana

Reaction score
:mad:

My waterpump seals have failed. Again!!!! Changed the waterpump and seals 3000 miles and three months ago, and the fecking seals are leaking big time as I came home from work tonight.

Wot a frigging stupid design that they should be this fragile.

So tomorrow, I shall mostly be having to take a day off work while I feck about trying to get hold of new seals, antifreeze, etc to fix it. Again. :forry

Bollix

p.s. who is gonna be the smartarse who suggests this should have gone in the 'Rant' section? Probably might have a point though :)

Last edited:
I wouldn't say they're fragile as I've not had any failure's in 3 bikes so it may be worth considering what caused them to fail so shortly after you changed them:thumb

I wouldn't say they're fragile as I've not had any failure's in 3 bikes so it may be worth considering what caused them to fail so shortly after you changed them:thumb

Food for thought Tim :thumb

Sue and misen done probably 250,000 miles on various 650 singles (five bikes) and no water pump/seals problems

:beerjug:

Check you put the new seals in the correct way round. Did you use some waterproof grease on the outer faces of the seals?

Yes, yes, I know, i'd changed them. I have been spannering for a long long time, so i am not exactly a novice. I will have a damn good look at them to see what might have gone wrong.

Has anyone who has done the work themselves got any tips as to minimising the problem that I am might not be aware of?

Cheers

It would of course but think the OP implied he'd changed it:confused:

Tim, yes, I have changed the shaft which was well marked. I will be stripping it out tomorrow, and I think I will find the water side seal is fecked, judging by the loss of water from the weephole.

I am simply gonna renew the seals, as the shaft should be ok.

In any case, I no longer give too much of a shite about the job now, as I have just found out my dad looks like he has prostate cancer, so that puts all this crap into perspective, dunnit?:confused:

Cheers all.

In any case, I no longer give too much of a shite about the job now, as I have just found out my dad looks like he has prostate cancer, so that puts all this crap into perspective, dunnit?:confused:

Cheers all.

Sorry to hear this ... you look after the old man :comfort

Sorry to hear this ... you look after the old man :comfort

Cheers, Micky. Its all a bit unreal, TBH, right now. He is in hospital and they have just found a problem today, they are doing more tests tomorrow, so will should know more after then. Fuck.

Back
Top Bottom